Shoot the screenshot

DamienG

Hello,
I am currently making a video to show how to use the keyboard shortcut windows+ctrl+s to take a screenshot in Windows 10.
I would like to record this process with OBS. However, when I launch the recording and I use this keyboard shortcut, it does not appear in OBS. Indeed, the menu of this shortcut as well as the capture area do not appear in OBS.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Don't hesitate to ask me if you want more information on this subject.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

gibsoneye

Hello,
I am currently making a video to show how to use the keyboard shortcut windows+ctrl+s to take a screenshot in Windows 10.
I would like to record this process with OBS. However, when I launch the recording and I use this keyboard shortcut, it does not appear in OBS. Indeed, the menu of this shortcut as well as the capture area do not appear in OBS.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Don't hesitate to ask me if you want more information on this subject.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

You might want to try [Windows+Shift+s] and use Display Capture.

koala

Doing the screenshot doesn't show up in the OBS preview, because the moment you press the screenshot key and the screen is dimmed, the screenshot is already made. While the screen is dimmed, the desktop is replaced with that screenshot of itself, and you select the area from that screenshot you want to actually save. Since you're seeing only an image of the desktop and not the desktop itself, the OBS preview doesn't change, because it's not the preview itself, but an image of the preview from the moment you pressed the screenshot hotkey.

OBS continues to run in background, so you will see the screenshot process in any recorded video.