Question / Help Shifted from Windows 10 to MacOS for OBS. Having trouble with setting up on MacBook.

As of recently, I have gotten a new MacBook Pro to replace my old laptop, a 4+ year old Dell laptop, that has been having issues in the last year or two. I use OBS to record Speedpaints/SpeedArts for YouTube, and to stream on Twitch every now and then. However, as of today, I have been attempting to set up everything I've had as of my setup from my Dell laptop to the MacBook, but I'm already coming across some problems that I don't know how to fix. I've tried looking through YouTube for some solutions, but so far I can't find any that will help me at the moment. Here are the issues I'm facing with:

1. Window Capture: I use Window Capture to focus on certain windows, such as Photoshop or PaintTool SAI (the art program I used on my Dell laptop) instead of having to deal with the Display Capture for when I have to edit the recorded process into my video editor. Whenever I tried to pull up the selected windows that I wanted to display and lock in, they would either not show up in the options (Adobe Photoshop) or it would but not display all of the window's display (Clip Studio Paint; it displays all of what I want the program to display, but does not see me messing around with the pencil or whatever's drawn on screen in general).

2. Popping up OBS: I don't know if I can even change this in general, but I know with OBS on Windows it would pop up it's window over everything else on screen. On the Mac, it would just pop up and minimize all the other windows displayed on screen(?)
Again, I don't know if I can change the option when it pops up or displays on screen, but it just kind of bugs me.

3. Displaying Speakers Below/Above Microphone: The Desktop Audio and Mic/Aux Mixers would usually be two separate things to setup or adjust on the Windows version of OBS, but it is combined on the Mac version for the Audio setup? I can't figure out how to make the Input and Output separate from each other, since the Device for Output (the MacBook Speakers) does not show up at all.

I'm still trying to get used to using a Mac on my own, with experience from using Macs throughout K-12 (or school in general), since I'm still used to working with Windows more. If I find anything else that I cannot figure out how to fix or use in the future, I'll update this thread.

Narcogen

I hope you did some research here before making this purchase, or that there are other factors in this purchase decision other than the use of OBS. OBS has some significant limitations on MacOS as compared to Windows, and there are serious questions about the future of the app running on MacOS that haven't yet been adressed.

1) Not all windows can be window captured on MacOS. Window capture is also the worst-performing method on MacOS; unfortunately the best-performing, Syphon, roughly the equivalent of game capture on Windows, no longer functions in 10.14 Mojave and above. In addition, no Mac can make use of dedicated hardware encoding chips in Nvidia or AMD GPUs.

2) In Settings > General > Projectors you can have projected windows for preview output float above other windows, but I do not think this is an option on MacOS for the main window.

3) Third party software is needed for desktop audio capture on MacOS.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-capture-desktop-audio-on-mac.16491/

If you have budget for it I suggest LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba.

I hope you did some research here before making this purchase, or that there are other factors in this purchase decision other than the use of OBS. OBS has some significant limitations on MacOS as compared to Windows, and there are serious questions about the future of the app running on MacOS that haven't yet been adressed.

1) Not all windows can be window captured on MacOS. Window capture is also the worst-performing method on MacOS; unfortunately the best-performing, Syphon, roughly the equivalent of game capture on Windows, no longer functions in 10.14 Mojave and above. In addition, no Mac can make use of dedicated hardware encoding chips in Nvidia or AMD GPUs.

2) In Settings > General > Projectors you can have projected windows for preview output float above other windows, but I do not think this is an option on MacOS for the main window.

3) Third party software is needed for desktop audio capture on MacOS.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how-to-capture-desktop-audio-on-mac.16491/

If you have budget for it I suggest LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba.

Thank you so much for all the advice!
I have solved the last two problems I've listed, but will figure something out about the first one (Window Capture). I may try to use Display Capture if nothing else works out.