Shadertastic

Shadertastic 1.3.0

xurei updated Shadertastic with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.3

This version focused on stabilization and hunting small memory leaks.

Fixed​

  • Fixed sources shown twice in source parameter
  • Fixed minor memory leak in load_settings()
  • Fix memory leak in condition evaluation
  • Fixed memory leak in transition auto-reload (dev mode only)
  • Fixed commit number not showing in settings

Added​

  • Gaussian Blur filter: added sigma parameter to control the smoothness of the blur
  • Transition...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
I am currently trying to implement a shader from Shadertoy (https://www.shadertoy.com/view/3ty3Dy) as a custom shader in shadertastic, however I am having great difficulty debugging due to the Shader error line numbers not corresponding correctly to the original HLSL code. How would you advise I debug my shader code for use with this? Is there a way to access the transpiled GLSL to try to figure out what actual line the error is coming from?
 
xurei updated Shadertastic with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.0

Also named the "Obviously, Why did I never thought of this?" version.

Added​

  • Vignette v2 effect: add "Apply Vignetting in Alpha Channel" in options, custom positioning and size
  • Face tracking: added "Reset on face lost" option
  • Zoom to face effect: add smoothing and tilt compensation
  • Shake on sound effect: support negative zoom
  • Rainbow effect: added a visibility toggle prompt
  • Settings: Add "open" button in folders list
  • Filter auto rename: if the...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Hi,
After I installed 1.3.0. I can start up OBS on my Mac OS 13. 7. 8. do one action then OBS shuts own. Your last version worked great though. Thanks....update: It might not be your plugin. I deleted and my OBS 32.2.2. Crashes after a few clicks. I will investigate. Thanks... update#2 It doesn't crash anymore, but when the Shadertastic settings window comes out it is minimized to a bar. When I try to resize it. The window folds back in then vanishes. Thanks, Frank

Crash report:

 
Last edited:
Hi,
After I installed 1.3.0. I can start up OBS on my Mac OS 13. 7. 8. do one action then OBS shuts own. Your last version worked great though. Thanks....update: It might not be your plugin. I deleted and my OBS 32.2.2. Crashes after a few clicks. I will investigate. Thanks... update#2 It doesn't crash anymore, but when the Shadertastic settings window comes out it is minimized to a bar. When I try to resize it. The window folds back in then vanishes. Thanks, Frank

Crash report:


Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac and properly test Shadertastic as I do with Windows & Linux.
I'm sorry this update has some issue there
A video demonstrating the problem would be very helpful. I do not know when I'll be able to get access to a Mac and test it, but I'll do my best.
 
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Mac and properly test Shadertastic as I do with Windows & Linux.
I'm sorry this update has some issue there
A video demonstrating the problem would be very helpful. I do not know when I'll be able to get access to a Mac and test it, but I'll do my best.
Thank you for your willingness to try to fix it. I really am not sure about a making a video, but your last version works. I downloaded the previous version for the mac and it works.....I might be able to do a screen shot if that helps? I will need to reinstall it first. Thanks.
 
I am continuing my post above. Thanks. I reinstalled it, so I when click on the Shadertastic settings this is what comes out. You can't resize it, because it rolls away. Hopes this helps. On a Mac.
Shadertastic troubleshooting. 9.27.26.  .png
 
Hi, I took that last update entry to mean you might have made a small fix even though it said the same version no, but it appears their was no fix. However, it does work in the scene transitions, but doesn't include vignette and other new ones. Thanks.
 
I am continuing my post above. Thanks. I reinstalled it, so I when click on the Shadertastic settings this is what comes out. You can't resize it, because it rolls away. Hopes this helps. On a Mac. View attachment 121427

Hmmm, maybe MacOS needs the size of the window to be set. I don't think it's the case in the current code...
As soon as I can get access to a decent Mac, I'll try this out. In the meantime, appart from telling you to find a dev with a Mac who could take a look, I don't have many options :-(
 
Hmmm, maybe MacOS needs the size of the window to be set. I don't think it's the case in the current code...
As soon as I can get access to a decent Mac, I'll try this out. In the meantime, appart from telling you to find a dev with a Mac who could take a look, I don't have many options :-(
I fully understand. I look forward to when you can get it resolved. In the meantime I'll use the older version, because it does work. Thanks.
 
I might have done something wrong? I went to tools-shadertastic settings and had gotten the above result, but now when I go to filters-shadertastic I see and can use all the options. It could be that or maybe the upgrade to OBS 33 beta did it? Thanks for your quick help in trying to figure this out. Great plugin!
 
I might have done something wrong? I went to tools-shadertastic settings and had gotten the above result, but now when I go to filters-shadertastic I see and can use all the options. It could be that or maybe the upgrade to OBS 33 beta did it? Thanks for your quick help in trying to figure this out. Great plugin!
Could you please stop spamming here? It's a forum about the plugin, not your personal Support Ticket.

Thank you
 
Could you please stop spamming here? It's a forum about the plugin, not your personal Support Ticket.

Thank you
I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS DOING ANYTHING WRONG! I thought this is the place you report things that might help others having the same issue! You're the first one who has shown how upset you are by it! You responded to a snapshot, so I told you of the work around I figured out. Maybe you could put a link in the future to where you want users to answer your questions properly instead of accusing them of spam and a using this as a personal support ticket ! Others have in a nice way!
 
I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS DOING ANYTHING WRONG! I thought this is the place you report things that might help others having the same issue! You're the first one who has shown how upset you are by it! You responded to a snapshot, so I told you of the work around I figured out. Maybe you could put a link in the future to where you want users to answer your questions properly instead of accusing them of spam and a using this as a personal support ticket ! Others have in a nice way!
Sorry, my previous message was harsh. My mind is not very patient these days... But that is no excuse.

Please allow me to go back and rephrase this in a more useful way, for both of us:
Could you please fill an issue on the github? It's much easier for me to keep track of the problem, and hopefully find a solution?

Again, apologies for my undeserved, previous message.
 
Back
Top