Screen recording is not so sharp

denverfix

Hello my friends, I am new to obs studio.

I have checked many videos on YouTube, and still unable to solve my problem.

My screen recording is not so clear. It gets a little blurry, the letters are not so clear.

How can I solve this problem and be able to record in high resolution.

Thanks!

magicnut

Hello my friends, I am new to obs studio.

I have checked many videos on YouTube, and still unable to solve my problem.

My screen recording is not so clear. It gets a little blurry, the letters are not so clear.

How can I solve this problem and be able to record in high resolution.

Thanks!
Lad it sounds to me like you are using downscaling.
What is the output resolution set on your OBS and is it the same as your canvas resolution?
I am guessing you are downscaling to 720p or something?In which case you should probably set the output resolution the same as your canvas and stop downscaling unless you have a particular reason to downscale (nowdays most folks stream at 1080p) , the only reason I can think of is perhaps you have a crappy connection like me with low upload speed or use cpu encoding on a slow cpu and want to take the load off..
Using a downscale filter namely Lanczos can sharpen the image a bit but if you really want a sharp picture you have to remove the downscaling.
1691470640666.png

denverfix

Lad it sounds to me like you are using downscaling.
What is the output resolution set on your OBS and is it the same as your canvas resolution?
I am guessing you are downscaling to 720p or something?In which case you should probably set the output resolution the same as your canvas and stop downscaling unless you have a particular reason to downscale (nowdays most folks stream at 1080p) , the only reason I can think of is perhaps you have a crappy connection like me with low upload speed or use cpu encoding on a slow cpu and want to take the load off..
Using a downscale filter namely Lanczos can sharpen the image a bit but if you really want a sharp picture you have to remove the downscaling.
View attachment 96539
My connection is not bad. And I'm running at 1080p both input and output.

See my settings.
1691492851671.png

1691492899026.png

I'm using an AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5600g

It has enough processing power to run a video of less than 10min.

rockbottom

Check the Advanced tab, make sure the Color Range is set to Partial & not Full. Normally, CQP or VBR would be the rate control recommended for recording but AMF looks better with more bits thrown at it.