screen recording artifacts (on text)

GhostDragon95

I've tried to use OBS for video tutorials recording, but i found some weird artifacts around texts like some outline or sharpness filter, but i don't have any filters turned on. (images also a little messed, but on text it's more visible, tried different settings, but looks like not changing anything. is there any way to make text sharp and clear like they looks on monitor (it's just a static screen, even not a dynamic scene)
1665758083629.png

koala

These are compression artifacts, present in each and every high contrast lossy compressed video. They appear next to edges and fine lines with high contrast, such as black text on white background.
If you create video tutorials, your end product will always be such compressed format. To keep the distortion low, record with the highest quality possible, postprocess this raw video, and only after postprocessing export the video with the quality you intend to provide to your users. If you record mostly text and static screens, choose indistinguishable quality in simple mode, and in advanced mode choose CQP or CRF with a low CRF/CQ value such as about 15. Such raw video will barely contain artifacts, so it makes a good source for postprocessing. However, if you compress for streaming (or let video services for streaming compress your video, quality will probably suffer.

The less contrast your videos have between text and background, the less visible the artifacts. Don't choose black on white, choose dark grey on light grey, for example.

GhostDragon95

These are compression artifacts, present in each and every high contrast lossy compressed video. They appear next to edges and fine lines with high contrast, such as black text on white background.
If you create video tutorials, your end product will always be such compressed format. To keep the distortion low, record with the highest quality possible, postprocess this raw video, and only after postprocessing export the video with the quality you intend to provide to your users. If you record mostly text and static screens, choose indistinguishable quality in simple mode, and in advanced mode choose CQP or CRF with a low CRF/CQ value such as about 15. Such raw video will barely contain artifacts, so it makes a good source for postprocessing. However, if you compress for streaming (or let video services for streaming compress your video, quality will probably suffer.

The less contrast your videos have between text and background, the less visible the artifacts. Don't choose black on white, choose dark grey on light grey, for example.
ok, thanks for your reply, I'v understand, i just thought maybe i'm doing something wrong. I've tried to use HVEC Lossless preset (from 28 version), looks like on picture and normal compression, of course artifacts present, also i tried different settings, even CFR=1, and still such compression artifacts... Then i think i will look for optimal quality-size preset for my recordings. I have one more question, why text have color artifacts? i've tried different color profiles, and i444 gives worst situation, color artifacts really visible. But why? i thought that 444 must give more correct coloring, not artifacts. ( And should absolutely loseless profile theoreticaly fix such issue (unfortunately resolve don't see losseless recording from OBS)