Bug Report Screen Capture Goes Black When Playing Descent (DXX-Rebirth source port)

LucidusAtra

Hey, I just updated to 22.0.1 and am now encountering an issue where my OBS screen capture goes black when I launch the DXX-Rebirth Descent 1 source port. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, with an i5-3570K CPU at 3.4GHz, and an Nvidia GTX980 graphics card. I also have two monitors. My main monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor, displaying at 144 hz. My second monitor is an old 4x3 Compaq CRT monitor, displaying at 60 hz. The issue occurs whether or not I have Windows set to use my second monitor. Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/XWVw_LCr6F9HF90U

The screen capture works fine when I first launch OBS, and I haven't encountered any other games which cause this issue to occur. After screen capture goes black, it stays black even after I exit the game. The only way to get it to start capturing my screen again is to restart OBS. This issue did not occur for me on the previous version of OBS, which I've used to stream Descent before. I've seen posts about black screens with screen capture on laptops, but I'm on a desktop. I've checked in the Nvidia Control Panel, there's no box for switching graphical adaptors. I only have the one GPU.

Last edited: