scrab

scrab 1.2

univrsal

universallp submitted a new resource:

scrab - Screenshot capture utility

out.gif

scrab
Screen grab adds a configurable hotkey to quickly select a screen region and add it as an image source to the current scene.

The plugin saves all screenshots into your home directory by default. If you wish to change that, open your obs-studio config and edit it:

Windows:
Open %appdata%\obs-studio\global.ini
Linux:...

Read more about this resource...

samproof

I was under the impression you'd set the parameters of the screenshot once and then the capture would just capture that area every time.

I'm looking to be able to just create a screencap on what's in the program screen and save that as a screenshot. Is it possible to have Scrab do that?

univrsal

I was under the impression you'd set the parameters of the screenshot once and then the capture would just capture that area every time.

I'm looking to be able to just create a screencap on what's in the program screen and save that as a screenshot. Is it possible to have Scrab do that?
No that's not possible with scrab, the plugin is only for quickly taking a screenshot of something and then have it immediately shown on stream.

wsscherk

I've installed the Scrab plug-in semi-successfully, but could use some help in properly registering the 'save-to' folder in the global.ini file.

Per instructions I added in the location, but I think I am using the wrong notation; I tried:

[scrab]
image_folder={C:\Users\William\OBS-Scrabs} and

[scrab]
image_folder={C:\\Users\\William\\OBS-Scrabs}

Everthing works except no files are saved and so no files are displayed in OBS. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

univrsal

I've installed the Scrab plug-in semi-successfully, but could use some help in properly registering the 'save-to' folder in the global.ini file.

Per instructions I added in the location, but I think I am using the wrong notation; I tried:

[scrab]
image_folder={C:\Users\William\OBS-Scrabs} and

[scrab]
image_folder={C:\\Users\\William\\OBS-Scrabs}

Everthing works except no files are saved and so no files are displayed in OBS. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!
Don't include the {} they were just to indicate the placeholder, other than that the first path notation with single backslashes should be correct.

Vex_Composure

Cheers for this. Works perfectly. Fantastic plugin.

Would extremely appreciate the ability to have it capture a preset region and show as a pre-adjusted size as a consistent source if possible. (For the purpose of capturing and presenting a freeze frame of the current scene to add as a source to another scene during transitions)

univrsal

Cheers for this. Works perfectly. Fantastic plugin.

Would extremely appreciate the ability to have it capture a preset region and show as a pre-adjusted size as a consistent source if possible. (For the purpose of capturing and presenting a freeze frame of the current scene to add as a source to another scene during transitions)
I could add a hotkey that captures the previously selected region, but I don't know what you mean with the second part

Vex_Composure

I could add a hotkey that captures the previously selected region, but I don't know what you mean with the second part

That would be awesome to have. Perfect for what I'm trying to do.
And don't worry about the second part. After using it more I found out a way to work with it. The source does keep it's properties and adjustments if I just keep it as a back layer in the original scene.

Thanks again. :)

Is hotkey function and remembering last region option coming soon?
This will be perfect tool for me.

I want to push a button to capture game screen for my blog

What am I doing wrong? I've installed 1.1 with both the Windows EXE installer, and then manually copying over the files from the ZIp (which were already there) but it isn't showing up in OBS?

EDIT: also tried the original 1.0 version. No dice. Running the latest version of OBS 64 bit in Windows 10....

univrsal

What am I doing wrong? I've installed 1.1 with both the Windows EXE installer, and then manually copying over the files from the ZIp (which were already there) but it isn't showing up in OBS?

EDIT: also tried the original 1.0 version. No dice. Running the latest version of OBS 64 bit in Windows 10....
I need the obs studio log

Vandylizer

Every time I try to grab a screenshot it zooms in to the upper left quadrant of my screen. I'm guessing it's trying to take a screenshot for 1080p monitor but my laptop is a 4K screen.
Here's my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/vZbu_RHqTOjT-LG2
Any ideas on how I can get it to stop zooming like this? I'm trying to avoid things like setting my OBS screen resolution to something else because I don't want to mess up any other plugins or scenes.

univrsal

Every time I try to grab a screenshot it zooms in to the upper left quadrant of my screen. I'm guessing it's trying to take a screenshot for 1080p monitor but my laptop is a 4K screen.
Here's my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/vZbu_RHqTOjT-LG2
Any ideas on how I can get it to stop zooming like this? I'm trying to avoid things like setting my OBS screen resolution to something else because I don't want to mess up any other plugins or scenes.
The screenshot tool was taken form the qTox project so I don't really have much to do with it, I also don't have a 4k screen so I can't really test it.

Vandylizer

The screenshot tool was taken form the qTox project so I don't really have much to do with it, I also don't have a 4k screen so I can't really test it.
Well that's a bummer. Hopefully someone else with a 4K monitor might know. Thanks for your reply :)