scrab

scrab 1.2

wsscherk

Don't include the {} they were just to indicate the placeholder, other than that the first path notation with single backslashes should be correct.
I appreciate the help, thank you. I reinstalled using the Windows installer. Adding the proper notation to the .ini file worked first time out of the box!

scrabGrab.png

WSS

Caedmon

Thanks for this plug-in!
I have 3 monitors
Frequently, on pressing the hotkey, only the primary display is available for selecting the capture region.
Once I have captured a region, the next press makes all 3 monitors selectable.
Sadly, this doesn't seem to be 100% repeatable, and (of course) all my tests just now failed (ie all monitors were included)

I use scrab in several different scenes.
The filename is the timestamp, which works fine, since it makes the most recent capture obvious.
The problem is that all the scrab-cap image sources now point to the same file.
I get around this by copying the newly-created capture to scrab-scenename.png and then use a separate source to display it.

Would it be possible in a future version to include the scene name in the file name?
I could then automate this.

All the best,
--C

univrsal

Thanks for this plug-in!
I have 3 monitors
Frequently, on pressing the hotkey, only the primary display is available for selecting the capture region.
Once I have captured a region, the next press makes all 3 monitors selectable.
Sadly, this doesn't seem to be 100% repeatable, and (of course) all my tests just now failed (ie all monitors were included)

I use scrab in several different scenes.
The filename is the timestamp, which works fine, since it makes the most recent capture obvious.
The problem is that all the scrab-cap image sources now point to the same file.
I get around this by copying the newly-created capture to scrab-scenename.png and then use a separate source to display it.

Would it be possible in a future version to include the scene name in the file name?
I could then automate this.

All the best,
--C
I know about the multi screen issue, but the selection stuff was written by someone else so I don't really have a clue what's causing it. The sources all point to the same file, because they are all just a reference. I didn't want to keep creating new sources because it would waste memory and make it annoying to clean up. If you want the name of the scene that was active when the screenshot was taken included in the filename that should be possible.

Twingsister

universallp submitted a new resource:

scrab - Screenshot capture utility

Read more about this resource...
Hi, thanks for your work for OBS. That's really useful!
Scrab works fine on my W10 64 OBS 26.1.1 but have no idea of where global.ini file went to. Shall I have to create a new one?

I write to ask a feature, if not implemented yet (and I misunderstood how this tool works). It would be nice to have Scrab to create a distinct OBS image resource for each grab. Strategy for naming these resources would be:
propose SOMENAMEnnnn in a text input field and ask for confirm or rename. However it seems that continuous mode goes in this direction but in
scrab/src/scrab.cpp

is turned false by default... ? Semms there is an option for this, may be Just some doc is missing? Cheers

univrsal

Hi, thanks for your work for OBS. That's really useful!
Scrab works fine on my W10 64 OBS 26.1.1 but have no idea of where global.ini file went to. Shall I have to create a new one?

I write to ask a feature, if not implemented yet (and I misunderstood how this tool works). It would be nice to have Scrab to create a distinct OBS image resource for each grab. Strategy for naming these resources would be:
propose SOMENAMEnnnn in a text input field and ask for confirm or rename. However it seems that continuous mode goes in this direction but in
scrab/src/scrab.cpp

is turned false by default... ? Semms there is an option for this, may be Just some doc is missing? Cheers
I added information for it at the bottom of the resource page https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/scrab.845/