Scene capture vanishes when moving scene layer

Mary Ellen Katz

Hiya,

I'm having a bug with the current build of OBS. I had it prior, and I thought I had solved the problem, but it's back and irritating as ever.

The Bug: I make a [Game Capture], and the game captures fine. I move the capture layer down to my GAMES capture folder to keep scene collection nice and clean, and the capture disappears- rather, what displays for the game disappears. The scene is still there, and when I right click to reestablish the capture it still shows the game in the preview-capture. But when I click OK, the capture is gone. Click+Drag on scene order seems to spark the bug. Restarting OBS does not seem to work, and Nvidia drivers are current.

Temp work-around: using shortcuts like Ctrl+Down/Up to change scene order seems to keep display integrity. But scene won't go into nested folders.

I don't remember how I fixed it before when this issue arose for me the first time. It was around the time STRAY was released (and for reference, it's 2023, RE4R is a week out for anyone reading in the future). I THINK I deleted my scene capture folder and started a new folder. But I don't remember if that worked, or what.