Scene as Transition

Scene as Transition v1.1.0

Andilippi

andilippi submitted a new resource:

Scene as Transition - Use a scene as a transition

This is the initial release of the Scene As Transition OBS Studio plugin!

Features:
• Choose a scene to use as a transition
• Set the total transition duration
• Set a what point the scene changes (Time or Percentage)
• Choose a filter to trigger on the transition scene when the transition starts

Support:
Send me a beer to say thanks!
Come say hi on Twitch...

Read more about this resource...

ASchneider

Wow! Is this for real? A plugin created by the legendary Mr. Andi Stone himself? That's amazing! Congratulations, my friend! I can't wait to test it out and give you some feedback. It looks very promising indeed.

This would make my work so much easier a few months ago when we did a live stream for our Brazilian Beat Saber championship haha

Take a look at this transition I've made using DSK: https://youtu.be/kS_3fkkKyBc?t=3420

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

Andilippi

Wow! Is this for real? A plugin created by the legendary Mr. Andi Stone himself? That's amazing! Congratulations, my friend! I can't wait to test it out and give you some feedback. It looks very promising indeed.

This would make my work so much easier a few months ago when we did a live stream for our Brazilian Beat Saber championship haha

Take a look at this transition I've made using DSK: https://youtu.be/kS_3fkkKyBc?t=3420

Have a wonderful day!
Thanks so much dude! Yeah i couldn't have done it without Exeldro. He has sent me on a crazy journey lol. I'd love to see some examples of what you make with the plugin as i am looking for examples for a YouTube video / tutorial.

That transition looks super sleek, well done!

If you have any ideas for features etc, please let me know and don't forget to leave a review! <3

AmigoGummy

This feature is really wonderful. This week I was thinking about how to turn a scene into a transition and the plugin arrived in excellent time. Thank you very much for developing this Andi plugin.

jegadk

Created several transitions that looks like my stinger transitions. Using 3d-effect and move transition, it looks very good and is very easy to create. Is it better to make this type of transition or an webm file. ? What if there is a lot of image files in the transition. Webm is compiled as an single file. Will there be any resource problem?

Just a simple demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMh6r8mia4s

neilis

I am trying to put up a transition where the target scene (scene B) has a single media source, which shows up correctly at 80% transition point. But it shows up ahead form its start frame, with the audio being heard along the whole transition lenght.
Is there a way to delay the media start in scene B, so that audio and video actually play from beggining at the 80% point?

Chuzz

This is an excellent plugin, (love your youtube channel btw, nice shirts ;) ) much better than the stinger as you we can put filters( grading ) on it and so much more.
I'm using a very basic technique, using a prerendered video animation to transition between two scenes (just like a regular stinger)... Unfortunately I have problem that I can't solve.
It is inconsistent but really spoils what otherwise is potentially awesome.
When I initiate the scene change, there is (more often than not) a weird one or two frame glitch, which looks like the last frame of the video.
I would love to get rid of it.
Ideally even to be able to quick fade in and out of the transition to cover the cut.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to minimise this?