Question / Help Save replay is inconsistent

Senseless0

Log file : https://pastebin.com/nhm5mxYH (This session didn't save any replays in the folder I specified in OBS - The folder was accessible at the time and the drive had over 1tb free space.)

CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050
Gamemode is disabled (at least according to my windows settings)

I mainly use OBS for saving replays in games - I launch the game, tab out to start OBS, make sure the game is showing on OBS, and tab back into the game.
Though when I do this, or when I regularly tab out of the game and back, there seems to be a small chance that the save replay key won't work for the rest of the session.

Is there any way to have an indicator on screen in-game to tell if OBS is picking up inputs/running correctly, or a general fix for this?

koala

It happens with all kind of hotkey-processing software that in rare circumstances the hotkeys don't reach that software. So for me, it doesn't seem to be a OBS-specific issue, but a general Windows-specific issue.
I know no fix.
As workaround, it usually helps to give another app (or the desktop) the focus, then re-focus the game. After that, hotkeys usually work. To check the status of OBS mid-streaming or mid-recording, get a second monitor and let OBS run on that monitor. Or play the game windowed and let the taskbar be visible. OBS has a taskbar icon that can be observed.
Avoid running apps and OBS in administrator mode, and avoid the special Windows screen with the prompt to create an elevated session. These seem to interfere with hotkey processing.