Question / Help (SandyBridge) Intel QSV won't work/keep disconnecting only when streaming with OBS updates after 23.2.1

IkuMiku96

I'm new here but I had a problem and this could be bug or unnoticed issue.

I've been using OBS since build 23.2.1, started to livestream last year.
Since I use quite old CPU, Intel i5-2400, I use the Quick Sync feature to minimise cpu usage and not using my AMD's GPU ACE and fankly, I really like it.
But so far I only stream at 720p@24/30fps with around 3Mbps always (Facebook Live, entry limitation)

But since OBS 24.0 I tried, Intel Quick Sync seems to be not working for me anymore as once I click Start Streaming, it instantanious says disconnected, reconnecting. It did said success then straight to disconnected and repeat. I tried different setting with Intel Quick Sync but still having this issue. (below image is with the latest 25.0.4 but it did happened with 24.0)
Below image is the default setting. I did used my own usual setting but still the same result
0619.PNG
0620.PNG

Meanwhile, I can do x264 and with my AMD VCE just fine. But I used Intel QSV because I want to utilise the iGPU as my encoder.
Although, I can record just fine with QSV.

I did of course roll back to 23.2.1 which works for me.
But after I see a new update to OBS 25 which adds Vulcan support, I really want to use that as some games i really want to stream uses Vulcan and I don't want to use Display Capture much.
But even with version 25, I still having the same issue.

I really wish to use OBS 24 and above as newer OBS will be somewhat be better when the GPU utilisation went almost max (with admin).

And sorry to not you guys know way early when OBS 24 came out. Thought someone else had similar problem as mine.

Log file here
(I hope It will show what I did. At first I was using AMD VCE or x264 then start streaming. Then I stop it and use Intel QSV. I started streaming and it did shows disconnect like the pic above instantaniously. I also let it ro reconnect itself and while it did said successful, it disconnects right away. Then I stop streaming and hit start recording. Recording starts fine then i stop it)

Attachments

• 1586298132096.png
    1586298132096.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 38

IkuMiku96

[update]
I tried Twitch with the same setting, bychanging stream key to Twitch from Facebook Live stream key. The Intel Quick Sync somehow works nontheless with OBS 25.
Switching back to Facebook Live key still make the same problem as above. Only Intel Quick Sync make disconnections (neither "Enforce streaming service encoder setting" enabled nor disabled works). Using x264 and AMD AMF works.

But still, OBS 23.2.1 with Intel Quick Sync works, along with other encoder settings.

Maybe is this due to OBS version 24 and higher with Intel Quick Sync issues with Facebook Live?

PS. I just wanted to bump this as no response for a few days but I decided to test on Twitch and made me this 2nd post.

FerretBomb

Well, according to your logfile, this appears to be a network send error.
06:08:33.440: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/...
06:08:33.441: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter #2 (802.11, 313 mbps)
06:08:35.146: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Connection to rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/ successful
06:08:35.150: ==== Streaming Start ===============================================
06:08:35.670: WriteN, RTMP send error 10053 (4104 bytes)
06:08:35.670: WriteN, RTMP send error 10053 (101 bytes)
06:08:35.670: WriteN, RTMP send error 10038 (42 bytes)
06:08:35.670: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Disconnected from rtmps://rtmp-api.facebook.com:443/rtmp/
Your network connection to Facebook Live is timing out, unable to send to the destination server.

Does the issue still occur if you connect a network cable and disable wifi? (Wifi should never be used for livestreaming anyway as it isn't designed for high-speed constant throughput applications, but that's a tangent.) I believe that QSV can cause weird interactions with wifi/bluetooth units too on some Intel network all-in-one units, but it appears you're using an external. Still, worth testing with (or preferably, permanently moving to) a cabled connection.

Actually had tried responding to this a couple of days ago, but the forums said that the thread was deleted. Weird.

IkuMiku96

Well, according to your logfile, this appears to be a network send error.

Your network connection to Facebook Live is timing out, unable to send to the destination server.

Does the issue still occur if you connect a network cable and disable wifi? (Wifi should never be used for livestreaming anyway as it isn't designed for high-speed constant throughput applications, but that's a tangent.) I believe that QSV can cause weird interactions with wifi/bluetooth units too on some Intel network all-in-one units, but it appears you're using an external. Still, worth testing with (or preferably, permanently moving to) a cabled connection.

Actually had tried responding to this a couple of days ago, but the forums said that the thread was deleted. Weird.

(maybe because this is is my first forum post maybe. Took about 2-3 days to get validated)

Due to physical limitation, wired LAN is impossible. And yes, the wireless devices is an external USB based. But if other choice help, i will try phone data instead with USB later. (also i have other usb wifi adapter that i can use too)

But the thing is, before OBS version 24, my configuration works flawlessly, last i tried was OBS 23.2.1.
Also with OBS 24 and above, other encoder like AMD AMF and software x264 work just fine.

Also, this seems to be not a problem with the latest OBS ver if i try to test with Twitch instead with Intel QSV.
To me, this kind of issue is just too weird. I'm kinda positive that this could be a compatibility issue with OBS ver 24 and above with Intel QSV (SandyBridge) with Facebook Live.

I also issued this to Facebook and i will include an update about that later here.

(typed with phone)

Last edited:

Miyako

I faced the related problem.
I use quite old CPU, too. That is a kind of Sandy Bridge.
After update, video recording using QSV cannot be executed, so I rolled back to 23.2.1.
Now I can execute video recording using QSV because of roll back.

Before roll back, I refered this thread. Thanks for your information.