Ryzen 3700x High CPU Usage and Crashes

Spacebutterfly

Past month or two I started to get crashes, also noticed that the CPU usage is really high up to 80% for OBS no matter which encoding setting.
1080p/720p 60fps fast/faster preset from 6000kbs, 10000kbs or 20000kbs
Tried a fresh install of OBS too, without any plugins just recording.

Some games I've been playing/recording : Hades, Deep Rock Galactic, Dawn of War 2, Dark Souls 3

Example Crash Log #1
Example Crash Log #2

BluePeer

looks for me like a Bad System Configuration/instability (To hard OC or wrong Memory Settings)
try to bench the system with prime95 and check if there report round error if this true downscale your OC or downgrade your XMP profiles
recheck if gone, check if there broken or just wrong configured

Spacebutterfly

Tested all my ryzen master profiles with prime95 just now, all are stable. Normally I underclock the cpu a little bit during the day put it back to stock once I'm recording or rendering.
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Corsair 2x16GB Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 Kit on the XMP 1 profile ( XMP1 and 2 are the same it seems)
I did update my bios a week or two ago to the latest one from MSI maybe that has something to do with it

OBS didn't go over 50% cpu usage on fast 720p60 6000kbs before, now it does.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-01-15 05-23-14.txt
    147.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Crash 2021-01-15 06-25-00.txt
    86.3 KB · Views: 13

fatmatrow

Tested all my ryzen master profiles with prime95 just now, all are stable. Normally I underclock the cpu a little bit during the day put it back to stock once I'm recording or rendering.
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max Corsair 2x16GB Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 Kit on the XMP 1 profile ( XMP1 and 2 are the same it seems)
I did update my bios a week or two ago to the latest one from MSI maybe that has something to do with it

OBS didn't go over 50% cpu usage on fast 720p60 6000kbs before, now it does.
If you updated your bios it reset any changes you have made to the bios, did you have any settings changed in yours?

Spacebutterfly

Update

Seems windows either while updating or MBO with a bios update reset the power options back to Balanced.
Changed it back to AMD's Ryzen High Performance plan. Had no crashes recoding at 1080p60 10,000kbs on medium even.
Except one crash when I was closing OBS.

Attachments

• Crash 2021-01-15 22-43-53.txt
    93.1 KB · Views: 40

NotTookie

Update

Seems windows either while updating or MBO with a bios update reset the power options back to Balanced.
Changed it back to AMD's Ryzen High Performance plan. Had no crashes recoding at 1080p60 10,000kbs on medium even.
Except one crash when I was closing OBS.
I'm having the same issues after installing latest update cpu usage is just constantly at high percentages, did you ever resolve your issue?