RTMP sources have significant delay

STEPHANVS

Using OBS with 3 Hikvision ip cameras. All of them can show realtime video (up to 100ms delay at most) in Internet Explorer, however OBS captures video from these RTMP sources with various delays (current version, 25.0.8 has 1200ms, earlier versions varied between 350ms and 1100ms, all of them were set to minimal network buffer). VLC (standalone app) with no network caching is a little better, nevertheless not realtime. Is it possible to have these sources show in realtime?

Tomasz Góral

Hikvision has more like 100ms delay (i'm use sdk from HikVision and write software for this cam and card).
OBS can't change buffer size, VLC can change buffer size.

STEPHANVS

In my opinion RTMP streams should not be part of media file play, but should be in a separate category equal to a capture card input. If camera is connected via gigabit ethernet, there is no need for huge network buffering.

1306mas

Hikvision has more like 100ms delay (i'm use sdk from HikVision and write software for this cam and card).
OBS can't change buffer size, VLC can change buffer size.
Hi, I'm new here. Would you know if you would be able to use the Hikvision SDK to build a plugin for OBS or even instruct in OBS definitely? Hivision has VSPlayer software where it is possible to insert an url type rtsp: // admin: 12345@172.6.10.11: 554 / Stream / Channels / 101 (for Hivsion IP cameras) and we can see the image as if it were accessing via the Internet Explorer, meaning there is no delay. I have already tested for other types of cameras from other manufacturers and they also work. There is a PlayCtrl_V7.3.7.30_Build20190117_win64 that for those who know programming, I believe I could create the plugin where it could be used without having the delays that occur with media source or VLC media source. What do you think?