rtmp Media Source Preview not working

ZoSar

Hey there

We have some problems with previewingrtmp sources. We build up an amazon server with ANT-Media, and created several rtmp server sources for different people. We implemented those rtmp sources in our OBS and it is working fine, just the previewis not working at all, it's just black, always.
When we hit "fade" the correct stream is being displayed, but while in Studio mode, the preview of the rtmp source is always black.
Why is that? ALso there is no "F5" to refresh the source within the media source, so how do we get a correct preview, for our rtmp servers?

thanks in advance

WBE

I have no experience with RTMP sources but I do understand that you use Media Sources for that. Our experience with local files: when you uncheck the property Show nothing when playback ends the last view from Program is remembered. So next time you bring that scene to Preview that image is shown.

We have a series of movie clips and at our pre show routine we go throught those scenes one by one loading them into Program to get that image for Preview appearance. Works fastest by temporarily switching off Studio Mode.

This would imply that there's no "kind of real time" preview as i.e. Browser Source provides, but hopefully this is of any help.

ZoSar

Thanks @WBE

The problem we have is:
We are doing an online Festival, and every artists has its own rtmp-server through our server. Because they are all playing at different time-slots, they will log in around 20 minutes before their show. We can not start the program again, because the stream is already running at this time, but before we switch to their scene, we have to make sure, that they are really online, but at the moment, we can not see a preview for this in studio mode. How do we do that?

WBE

I should have added to my previous post that this only applies to situations where Restart playback when source becomes active is checked. But I suspect that you don't have that checked for an RTMP stream...