Roblox Window Capture not working properly

Theagames10

It's been like 2 years since i've been here on these forums, and in this time, I get a new gaming laptop and so far it is going great. I went to try out OBS with Roblox tonight, but then saw Roblox in like a quarter of the capture with a glitchy mouse in the bottom of the capture, and it just confused me so much, I have no clue on how to fix it.

(Image is included.)

I really need help with this, because I am just questioning it when typing this support post/thread.

This is the log file I have, and the bottom of it is the part about the windows-capture:

Attachments

• help.PNG
    help.PNG
    415 KB · Views: 332

Fierelier

This could possibly be related to the scaling factor. Turn off OBS, put the zoom to 100% (in display settings), log out, log back in and see if it works then. You can also try to make Roblox ignore the DPI scaling settings. Right click the game's .exe, go to Properties, then select the Compatibility tab and then tick "Ignore DPI scaling" or something similar to that.

Theagames10

This could possibly be related to the scaling factor. Turn off OBS, put the zoom to 100% (in display settings), log out, log back in and see if it works then.

Wait, can you be specific on what display settings you mean? Are you talking about Roblox's display settings, or another window's display settings? Because I am confused by when you say to log out and log back in.

Fierelier

What I mean is the display scaling settings in W10:
Win10_DPI_en.png

Put these to 100%. And by log out and log back in, I mean, log out of your Windows account, and then back in. You can also restart your computer instead.

Theagames10

What I mean is the display scaling settings in W10:
Win10_DPI_en.png

Put these to 100%. And by log out and log back in, I mean, log out of your Windows account, and then back in. You can also restart your computer instead.

Turning the display settings to 100 made it better for OBS, but there is still black bars in the top and bottom of the capture.

Also, I like my Display settings at the recommended size because the 100% size made text smaller and in OBS display capture for screen recording, it's hard to read text in the capture.

Fierelier

You can alternatively just reduce your monitor's resolution to get bigger text, without the trouble. But obviously that is also more blurry. The black bars at the top and bottom are presumably because of the window's title bar and your taskbar. If you want it to fill your scene, rightclick your window capture and select Transform -> Stretch to screen, but that will mess up the aspect ratio. You could also adjust your output resolution to something closer to the actual window's aspect ratio.

Theagames10

You can alternatively just reduce your monitor's resolution to get bigger text, without the trouble. But obviously that is also more blurry. The black bars at the top and bottom are presumably because of the window's title bar and your taskbar. If you want it to fill your scene, rightclick your window capture and select Transform -> Stretch to screen, but that will mess up the aspect ratio. You could also adjust your output resolution to something closer to the actual window's aspect ratio.

The output resolution in OBS is the actual aspect ratio of the window... The display res/window is 1920x1080.