Resource icon

RNNoise noise remover

gravydanger

gravydanger submitted a new resource:

RNNoise noise remover - OBS plugin for RNNoise, an AI-based noise filter

Noise suppression plugin based on Jean-Marc Valin's RNNoise (or, more accurately, Gregor Richards's fork rnnoise-nu). Uses a recurrent neural network (fancy machine learning stuff) trained on various sets of community-submitted noise.

You can choose between multiple noise reduction models that are tuned for slightly different use cases (e.g. "clean" recording environment vs. busy environment).

It should be possible to build this on all platforms, but at this time I can only offer a...

Read more about this resource...

hmeneses

any idea why this not work in mine?

LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-rnnoise.dll': (null) (193)

hmeneses

nevermind, the 64 dll in the installer is the same as the 32 version, i downloaded the 64 dll and used it instead

takapoipoi

I love this filter. can the filter be applied to windows audio driver? or voicemeeter banana? so that my discord friends won't hear any buzzing/static sound coming from my mic.

gravydanger

Awesome stuff. Could you pls release this as a VST plugin? Thank you.
I love this filter. can the filter be applied to windows audio driver? or voicemeeter banana? so that my discord friends won't hear any buzzing/static sound coming from my mic.

A bit late, but maybe this will help:

DinirNertan

I tried the VST mentioned because I couldn't have this plugin as one.
The RNNoise method provided by OBS for its Noise Suppression filter is quiet terrible (it eats up a lot of your consonants), and sadly and unfortunately, the VST seems to work in the identical way.

Even worse, the VST adds a big delay. And if you want to conserve your voice, you have to adjust an option to make the delay even longer. It will still cut a lot of what I say.

I use Voicemeeter to monitor the output in real time, because it doesn't add delay too long enough to interrupt me, unlike monitoring in OBS, even after going through some VSTs hosted on an external program. The delay added by the VST make it as late as it would be in monitoring in OBS.

I know it's very late, and not so likely happening, but can you consider making a VST release of this plugin, please?

I had to make a copy of the VST chain I have in the VST host in OBS, just so I can apply this plugin to the original audio before processing it through the chain for the stream. Furthermore, one of the VSTs I need only exists in 32-bit, so these two programs are also running in 32-bit as well (and recent OBS releases don't even have an x86 version, so I am stuck in the latest x86 version). I can't imagine how much resource I could save and probably make the video quality better on OBS if I don't need to do this.

Last edited:

gravydanger

I know it's very late, and not so likely happening, but can you consider making a VST release of this plugin, please?
Sorry, I didn't have email notifications enabled and didn't see your post.
Unfortunately making a VST plugin isn't that straightforward: you need the VST SDK from Steinberg, and the VST2 SDK is no longer being distributed. So, if anything, I could only make a VST3 plugin. Would that even help you? I'm not promising anything yet, just to be clear, just want to make sure it's even worth doing before I consider it...

dianethomas

I think you must check these points:-

1. Check Installation: Make sure you installed RNNoise correctly and restarted OBS Studio.

2. Compatibility: Ensure the RNNoise version matches your OBS Studio.

3. Audio Source: Add RNNoise to your audio source, and check its settings.

4. Filter Settings: Adjust RNNoise settings in the Audio Mixer.

5. Audio Device: Select the correct input device in
OBS Studio.

6. Audio Routing: Verify your audio routing is set up correctly.

7. Audio Levels: Ensure input levels aren't too low.

8. Monitoring: Check real-time audio monitoring.

9. Conflicts: Disable other audio filters temporarily for testing.