Question / Help Return to Scene after video plays

Ronald Cz

I wanted to put a camera on a host and then cut to a commercial. After the commercial I wanted to scene to automatically switch to a pre selected scene.
Is that possible without manually switching it?

I don't want to have black scene for a few seconds.

What would be nice is to show a countdown until commercial ends for the talent (host) which would appear on the monitor facing the talent.

Ronald Cz

I found the answer by leaving a Camera Scene below the video or Commercial Playing. Set the properties to show nothing when the video ends and not to loop. Now when the commercial ends the main camera will be shown.

Now a new question, Can there be a countdown timer for the host monitor to know when the video will end?

notewire

I watched your video. How are you creating a different view for the confidence monitor that doesn't match the preview or program views?

Ronald Cz

There are two separate videos made. One for the live audience and one with the countdown video. The host is shown the monitor with the countdown but it's not going live....I have two graphics cards and six outputs for monitors.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm not sure this will help, but in case it does (or someone who comes across this thread).
For our broadcast, I use Advanced Scene Switcher (be sure to get at least v1.6.1 due to significant bugs in the Media controls in earlier versions) with its new option to change scenes based on Media state. In this case, media (a video) ends, and auto switch to scene of choice
I was looking for a timer until I came across Media Controls 0.2.0 by Exeldro Creation date Jul 4, 2020
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/media-controls.1032/ which can show time remaining in a video (in addition to pause, restart, etc)

christianlupus

Hello, I just stumbled upon this post. I wanted to ask how you create two videos. My understanding is that OBS can only output a single video. You can of course view the previews but these will not contain the time left.
On the other hand, when using multiple OBS instances to create multiple videos I do not see how you can synchronize them. (Video playback is on instance A, so detection of end of video might be on A but the countdown is shown on B.)
Or are you telling that you have the commercial video in two versions (with and without countdown)? How are you starting these at the exact same moment in time?

Lawrence_SoCal

Hello, I just stumbled upon this post. I wanted to ask how you create two videos. My understanding is that OBS can only output a single video. You can of course view the previews but these will not contain the time left.
On the other hand, when using multiple OBS instances to create multiple videos I do not see how you can synchronize them. (Video playback is on instance A, so detection of end of video might be on A but the countdown is shown on B.)
Or are you telling that you have the commercial video in two versions (with and without countdown)? How are you starting these at the exact same moment in time?
Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking/talking about. And it doesn't appear related to this thread, and it is poor form to hijack an old thread

My scenario is House of Worship, alternating between pre-recorded videos (music, readings, etc) and live video. Hence reference to watching remaining time on a video source (ie pre-recorded video) and auto-scene switching when video over (back to live camera). This is done with a single instance of OBS

This has NOTHING to do with simultaneously 'creating' multiple videos in/with OBS. I had those pre-recorded videos from elsewhere already (in our case - different people, locations and devices, sent off to our video editor for trimming, color balance, adding titles, etc) before I use them in OBS. And th eplugins allow me to monitor when a video is about to end, and automate OBS change vs a less clean manual adjsutment

christianlupus

Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking/talking about. And it doesn't appear related to this thread, and it is poor form to hijack an old thread
Sorry, I did not meant to hijack but to ask how the original author solved his problems. The OT changed the subject son after he found a solution for his initial problem (switching of scenes) towards the countdown issue.

[...] This is done with a single instance of OBS

This has NOTHING to do with simultaneously 'creating' multiple videos in/with OBS. I had those pre-recorded videos from elsewhere already (in our case - different people, locations and devices, sent off to our video editor for trimming, color balance, adding titles, etc) before I use them in OBS. And th eplugins allow me to monitor when a video is about to end, and automate OBS change vs a less clean manual adjsutment
Unless you do not know how Ronald Cz managed to get the video in this post running, I do not get your point here, sorry.

In fact, I was just rephrasing this question:
I watched your video. How are you creating a different view for the confidence monitor that doesn't match the preview or program views?

Ronald Cz

No, Christian you are correct this is TWO separate video playing at the same time. Lawrence is doing a single video and then using the switcher to change to a different scene...not what I am doing. My problem is a host is live and doing commentary when he hits a hard break in my schedule and needs to go to commercial. I start the commercial or a number of them and he goes to the bathroom. When he comes back he is looking at his confidence monitor which has the video playing with the countdown timer. He can continue to talk to his friend and watch the timer get close.

The audience is watching a different video without the countdown timer. When the host countdown timer hits zero you can have the auto scene switcher go to his live camera.

christianlupus

The audience is watching a different video without the countdown timer. When the host countdown timer hits zero you can have the auto scene switcher go to his live camera.

Thank you for your confirmation.

So far I got it. My question is how you can start two videos in sync. If they were not in sync, the countdown would obviously not be at zero when the live video ends.