Question / Help Resolution Not Supported for Resizing

TIMORLANG

Hello:

Here is my current setup. I have a 240hz monitor and that is on my gaming box. I have a laptop and using the AverMEDIA live gamer ultra. At any rate, setup everything and things were working alright. However, This was a new setup from scratch and so while tuning, I realized that my Monitor was set to 60hz. So, I fixed that issue.

Now, my monitor signal is replicated via HDMI to the avermedia device that is connected to the laptop (AverMEDIA max HZ is 144 and laptop only 60 if not less)

When I start the Scene and OBS, I get Resolution Not Supported for Resizing? What can I do to fix this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Tamer

TIMORLANG

Thank you for your reply. I am able to view the video fine using Avermedia software. I can load their software and it seems to work just fine. However, when I use OBS it does not seem to work. Here are screen shorts.

Attachments

• AverMEDIA RECENTRAL 2019-02-26 041543.jpg
    AverMEDIA RECENTRAL 2019-02-26 041543.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 479
  • OBS 2019-02-26 041353.jpg
    OBS 2019-02-26 041353.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 468

TIMORLANG

It is a very strange situation. As I am able to get it to work; but I have to set my gaming monitor to 60hz and it will work just find on OBS. However, that would really not be an option. I guess I will have to return this device and just do direct on PC recordings rather than using a remote / dedicate video productions / streaming machine.

Thanks very much for your help and info.

Cheers,
Tamer

TIMORLANG

And you want to talk about absolute strangeness. I changed my Gaming Monitor back to 144hz and somehow now it is still working.

I believe the issue has to do with monitor profiles and how windows handles them.

I believe all high end monitor providers and companies like AverMEDIA should create monitor profiles that can be installed into windows along with color profiles. But maybe in the future.

Again, thanks for your help. Problem is solved; however, I am not really sure how or why.

Thanks,
Tamer