Question / Help Resolution issue

Sexypanda

Hey, so I've been using the GC553 for ages now with OBS to capture my xbox one x gameplay and had no issues. I recently bought a new 4k LG monitor and am having a few resolution issues.

If I capture in the recommended res of 1920 x 1080, the image in obs is fine when playing games that use hdr (call of duty). Yet if I play with the same settings on a non hdr game (apex), I have this weird issue where the image it's capturing us bouncing all over? I can solve this by playing in a different resolution - 2560 x 1440 and then resizing the output to source size.

However in doing this, ever couple of mins the footage can sometimes freeze frame for a second. Anyone have any idea how to solve this? Is it an issue with the refresh rate of my monitor or some thing? Help And thanks! *monitor is a LG 27uk650*

Latest log file - https://obsproject.com/logs/je6u501yWFnxGIxB

BionicClick

Hiya,

You have a few errors/fails in your log. all you need to do really is search your logs for the word error and fail.

17:33:45.689: D3D11 GPU priority setup failed (not admin?)

When starting your OBS right click the icon and run as administrator. that will clear a few things up for sure.

---not using AMD graphics ignore these fails---
17:33:46.234: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.dll'
17:33:46.294: [AMF] Unable to load 'amfrt64.dll', error code 126.
17:33:46.297: [AMF] AMF Test failed due to one or more errors.
17:33:46.297: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'
-------------

carlmmii

There's no recording attempt in those logs. Be sure to choose the correct log file for upload -- current if you still have OBS open after recording, or last session if you just closed and re-opened, or attach manually if it is past that point (open the log file folder and find the one for the correct time period of your recording).

This sounds like more of an issue with avermedia's handling -- resolution switching is not something that OBS handles once it is past the capture drivers.

Just to make sure, the only reason you're having issues now is because you're using extra HDR output on your xbox because of your new monitor, correct? Switching back to your previous output method on the xbox results in the same behavior that you have experienced with the capture device?