I've used this setting for years...
But after the update 30.0.0 remuxing suddenly started acting weird.
Sometimes throwing errors when trying to manually remux .MKV to .MP4

Automatic remux settings work somehow while the manual one does not.

* Auto settings
Screenshot 2023-11-26 193721.png

* Manual remixing
Screenshot 2023-11-26 193825.png

The end result after stopping the recording looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-26 193918.png

I already tried reinstalling and using different profiles to no avail.
While I don't really care about the format that much I can't seem to get it to import to Premiere Pro properly with all its audio tracks... It only gives me track 1 making the files unusable.
Please help!

UPDATE:​

Fixed remuxing by changing from PCM (32-bit float) to FFmpeg AAC audio encoder.
Files are now remuxed to .mp4 as they should and all audio tracks show up in editing software.

aac good.png

koala

The reason for this behavior is that the mp4 format isn't able to store arbitrary combinations of video and audio codecs. The mkv format does. Since remuxing isn't changing any codec, you cannot remux videos to mp4 that were created as mkv but with an audio format unsupported by the mp4 format.

rockbottom

If you prefer PCM audio instead of lossy AAC, there are a couple of ways to go about it.

1) Just record directly to QuickTime. I have no issues with Vegas importing OBS recordings with fixed or floating point PCM, even tested with 5.1 audio.

2) If you prefer recording to mkv to prevent accidental loss. Use Avidemux to copy/save all PCM audio tracks & also Copy (remux) the video track while re-encoding only the audio to ACC. The only drawback here is Avidemux doesn't support floating point audio so fixed point must be used.

Re-sync the PCM in your NLE...

Last edited: