Regular "Encoder Error" messages after installing RTX 3080 Ti.

Frank Lepore

I was previously using a GTX 1080 Ti and never had this issue.

Ever since I installed am RTX 3080 Ti, I keep getting the "Encoder error has occurred" error message. When it happens, the stream and recording both stop, and I can't restart either until I reboot OBS. Again, this has only happened with the new GPU, so I'm not sure what the issue is or what would cause it.

The games I am playing at the time is Magic Online, which is an incredibly low resource game.

Are there settings in OBS I should have changed when I updated the video card?

I'm also attaching my log file. If any one has any ideas or needs any additional info, just let me know. Additionally, just to clarify, I am using the latest Nvidia driver, 457.51.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-12-07 15-50-56.txt
    45.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Driver.PNG
    Driver.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Frank Lepore

Also getting the following "NVENC error. Too many concurrent sessions obs" error, usually after OBS crashes.

Attachments

• NVENC Error.PNG
    NVENC Error.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2020-12-07 22-35-29.txt
    48.2 KB · Views: 27

Frank Lepore

Those settings have been the same for at least two years, and I've never had any issue when I was running a 1080 ti. Now I have a 3080 ti, so I'm not sure how that could be worse.

Frank Lepore

Just want to point out that I'm currently streaming simple mode for output, so I don't have the option of choosing CQP and CBR. But when I look in advanced, as you can see from the screenshots, both streaming and recording are already in CBR.

I just finished a stream where we crashed three times, which is a record. Attaching the three crashing logs, and screenshots of my settings. (Was streaming with "simple" selected, so "advanced" might not be relevant to these crashes.)

Attachments

• 2020-12-07 23-11-20.txt
    50.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Ad Stream.PNG
    Ad Stream.PNG
    17.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Ad Rec.PNG
    Ad Rec.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2020-12-08 01-50-40.txt
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2020-12-08 01-16-23.txt
    44.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Simple.PNG
    Simple.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 42

Nick_Lavigne

I too upgraded from a 1080ti to a 3080. Drivers were wiped before install new drivers installed. Obviously no settings changed. This problem showed up and for a month and a half has been plaguing me. Run as administrator has no effect, the "Encoder Error" will show up eventually. I tried other drivers and reinstalling OBS. No good. I have no clue what causes it.

BluePeer

remember the card have only 2 encode slots from driver, if you have "geforce experince" installed and the "game capture" Highlight features of some games active it already use min 1 of the 2 slots (so need to disable) if you willing to encode 2 streams with different encode settings