Resource icon

Recording Stopper 1.0

Unsupported
As of 2015-08-01, this plugin is no longer being supported by me. I'll leave the original splitting code up on GitHub (see below). If anyone want to use any of the original code, feel free to use it as you see fit.

adocilesloth submitted a new resource:

Recording Stopper - Stops recording after a specified time

Stops the recording after a predefined time has elapsed.

Formerly:
Recording Splitter
- Actively splits recording sessions by automatically stopping and starting the recording.

As requested by Merfi

Splits recordings into smaller files by stopping and starting the recording.

NOTE: THIS RESULTS IN ABOUT 3 SECONDS BEING LOST DURING THE SPLIT. There is nothing I can do about this.

The config:
15272084168_69f643ec99_o.png

Enable/Disable splitting
The boxes are then used to set the time before stopping. Default is 30 minutes, as shown, but it can range from 10 seconds to 1 day (well, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds)

If you are interested, or want to see how bad my coding is, source code is available on Github

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

NexosHunter

Hey!

I've downloaded the plugin and got it into 64 and 32 bit folders. It seems to work but plugin only stops recording after 30 min and I want it to also start recording. Also i cannot find window of Recording Splitter Config. Any1 could help ?

The config window is found in the plugin list:
Plugins -> Recording Splitter -> Configure

As for only stopping, that's a bit odd... Double check that the correct version of the plugin (32/64) is in the correct folder (Program Files (x86)/OBS/plugins or Program Files/OBS/Plugins) although nothing should happen if it's the wrong version.

stuvik

adocilesloth, thanks for the plugin! This will become even more important when 1080p60fps (and higher) recordings become more commonplace.

Is there anything that can be done regarding that lost 3 seconds?

NexosHunter

The config window is found in the plugin list:
Plugins -> Recording Splitter -> Configure

As for only stopping, that's a bit odd... Double check that the correct version of the plugin (32/64) is in the correct folder (Program Files (x86)/OBS/plugins or Program Files/OBS/Plugins) although nothing should happen if it's the wrong version.

Hey! Thanks for reply but I still cannot find config window... I've put .dll files into 32 and 64 bit. My OBS is installed under Drive C. Where is "Plugins -> Recording Splitter -> Configure"

Sorry for problem : /

adocilesloth, thanks for the plugin! This will become even more important when 1080p60fps (and higher) recordings become more commonplace.

Is there anything that can be done regarding that lost 3 seconds?

As far as I'm aware, no. I'm happy to be told otherwise though.

Just a heads up: The Github link points to the TS3OBSPlugin repository.
Thanks, didn't notice that. It's fixed.

NexosHunter

Hey! I still have a problem with plugin stopping but not starting recording. I checked everything but nothing seems to work : /

EDIT:

It looks like plugin doesnt work when ou have stream on. I stream and record at the same time, and it looks like plugin only stops recording.

Last edited:

Tim K

I admittedly have no idea how much work would be involved, but would you have the skills and time to make this into a SCHEDULER. Just to clarify ... basically, I really need a plugin (or built-in functionality) that would allow you to schedule recording times throughout the day.

So you could tell OBS to start recording at 12:00pm, and stop at 1:40pm. Then start again at 1:55pm and stop at 3:30pm, etc.

Would this be possible, and would you be interested in doing it?

@Tim K
It would be possible and I would potentially be interested. At the moment, though, I don't have much time to spare. I also am currently trying to fix a bug in a different plugin (the TS3 one). After that, I have plans to move all my plugins onto OBS-Studio, now the Windows version is out, which will probably be easier said than done. Once I've done that, if I have time and remember, I may have a look and see if I can. No promises though.

KiraStream

I hace a problem :(

I configured it to split the videos in 1 hour and 15 minutes, but the plugin just make ONE video, one split, with a large time same at the setting in the config. I mean, after 4 hours of stream, I have just one record with a long of 1:15:00, and then the OBS stoped the record (during the stream, after the first split, I see just "LIVE" not "LIVE + REC", so I think that the plugin makes the OBS stop the record).

I tried changing the setting to 75 minutes or 59 minutes or 1 hour, and its the same. The OBS dont keep the recording after reach the number of the split settings.

MrBr1ghtsid3

Hello guys and gals! So, the problem I'm having with this plugin, is that once it stops the recording, it won't start automatically. What I'm trying to say is: I set it up to doing 20min cuts. Stream starts + recording (by default I made it) and after 20mins I see the recording stops, but then it won't start again at all. I have to manually do so. That's happening when I record and stream simultaneously. Any way to making this an automatic process? Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer this question.

Hello guys and gals! So, the problem I'm having with this plugin, is that once it stops the recording, it won't start automatically. What I'm trying to say is: I set it up to doing 20min cuts. Stream starts + recording (by default I made it) and after 20mins I see the recording stops, but then it won't start again at all. I have to manually do so. That's happening when I record and stream simultaneously. Any way to making this an automatic process? Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer this question.
Yeah, I know about this problem. I think that something may have changes since I wrote this (or I didn't notice it in the first place) and OBS now waits for files to be completed after recording stops. This prevents recording from starting again until it's done, which can be a few mins. If I manage to find some time, I'll have a look but I'm not hopeful and it won't be fore a while.

supertimor

I admittedly have no idea how much work would be involved, but would you have the skills and time to make this into a SCHEDULER. Just to clarify ... basically, I really need a plugin (or built-in functionality) that would allow you to schedule recording times throughout the day.

So you could tell OBS to start recording at 12:00pm, and stop at 1:40pm. Then start again at 1:55pm and stop at 3:30pm, etc.

Would this be possible, and would you be interested in doing it?

I would be very interested in this feature in order, for instance, to record my favorites tv shows or sport events. Is this dev still in your plans adocilesloth ?