Question / Help Recording Lag...

jetx

This is probably a common problem which I still haven't been able to find the solution to. I have been trying to set up my recording settings in OBS for a while and have been on it today alone for about 2 hours. I'm certain that I can record 1080p60 for youtube but I just can't get the right settings. These are my current settings for recording. Also, if anyone cares, I have an i5-6600k with 8GB ram and a GTX 1070.

Pics below are my output and video settings that i'm trying to work with.
output settings.png
video settings.png

Attachments

• obslogs.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 34

Harold

Don't save directly to mp4.
Don't use CBR for recording. Use CQP
And if what you're trying to capture can be captured with window or game capture, don't use display capture.

jetx

Don't save directly to mp4.
Don't use CBR for recording. Use CQP
And if what you're trying to capture can be captured with window or game capture, don't use display capture.

Okay thanks, what number should I put for CQP? Also, what do I save to if not mp4? Thank you a lot man!

Harold

CQP value between 14 (indistinguishable quality preset) and 23 (high quality preset)

Record to FLV or MKV. If you record to MP4 and the recording is interrupted, the file will be corrupted and unrecoverable. If you require MP4 files for some other purpose like editing, remux them afterwards by selecting File > Remux Recordings in the main OBS Studio window.

jetx

CQP value between 14 (indistinguishable quality preset) and 23 (high quality preset)
It's all workin just fine, occasional stutters in the end product of the recording but it's working better than ever in the year or two that i've been trying to have a go at uploading stuff. Thank so much!