Recording freeze-frames after some time

snowchild

Hello OBS Community,

I need help with a problem in OBS. After some recording time, the recording screen in OBS gets stuck in a freeze frame, meaning from that time on, it only captures the last captured frame. So, let's say if I record for 1 hour and this problem occurs after 30 minutes, in my video file the last 30 minutes are only one frame. But my microphone still keeps recording sound for the last 30 minutes. The time after this happens is always different, but it happens almost in every session and mostly after anything between 0.5 - 1.5 hours of recording. (Also the purple menu-bar icon, that was introduced in sonoma and that shows, when the screen is being recorded, is only displayed for the first 30 minutes, then after the freeze frame not anymore for the last 30 minutes).
When I restart OBS, it works again, but the same problem happens after some time.

The problem is, that i have to realize or periodically check if the recording is still recording, because if i dont realize that, i keep recording thinking that im recording but its actually not recording...

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it? I'd be so thankful!! Here is some information about my setup:
  • MacBook Air 15" - Apple M2 Chip, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD, Integrated 10-core GPU.
  • Im using icloud to automatically sync all my files
  • I'm using the latest OBS version, but the problem has persisted for months, even though I always install the newest updates.
  • I'm recording my screen for casual stuff, like office apps, Safari, Notion, and so on.

I would really appreciate any help or ideas to solve this.

snowchild

I hope it's okay to bump this up. I'm still struggling with this issue and would be very grateful for any help. It just happened to me again. Ive just recorded for about 90 minutes, the problem occured after 30 minutes and i didnt realize it and because of that the last 60 minutes of the video file is only one frame >.<