Question / Help Questions about dedicated streaming PC

Ringostarr1991

For awhile I've been able to get by with streaming on my gaming PC. However, I've found that a couple of the games I play regularly now present streaming issues within OBS (most notably Rocket League and Apex Legends). So I've decided that in order to alleviate any sort of CPU load issues, I'll go ahead with a 2nd PC build that is just for streaming. So far this is what I have compiled:

2019-03-08_11-33-16.png

I've been told by multiple people that AMD chips work really great with OBS and since they cost less than the Intel equivalent, it seems like a no-brainer.

What I would like to know from anyone that is willing to speak up is the following:

- Is the processor I selected going to be good enough to run OBS at a better encoding option? This will of course require a lot of trial and error but to anyone that does the dual PC streaming setup, what sort of results have you had with an AMD processor like the one I chose?

- Does OBS Studio have a limit of how many CPU cores it utilizes? If so, is there a huge increase in headroom if you utilize a 8 core CPU versus say a 4 core one if all the cores are at the same frequency?

- Are there any hidden/not widely known issues with 2 PC setups for streaming? I plan to follow the OBS NDI plugin route in order to get video and audio data from my gaming PC to the Streaming PC via a direct LAN cable from the gaming PC to the Streaming PC.

I thank anyone who is able to help me out.