Question: Different aspect ratio for scenes

JesperVonfel

Hello,
I record and stream videos for pc on landscape mode but I also would like to make a scene for tiktok and youtube shorts. The output aspect ratio is global for all scenes as far as I know. Is there a way to have only one vertical scene? If not, is it possible to request this as a feature? what do you think?
Tia

The output aspect ratio is part of your Profile. You can create additional profiles (Profile menu), either from scratch or starting from your current profile, and change the aspect ratio as desired. So you might have a profile called "Landscape", another called "tiktok," etc.

Normally, a Scene Collection is a set of scenes that you switch between during a single stream or recording, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the aspect ratio change when you select a scene.

One slight annoyance is that OBS remembers both your current Profile AND your current Scene Collection in a set of global preferences, so that it can re-open them next time you run OBS. But it means that when you change your Profile, you may also need to change your Scene Collection to one with scenes appropriate to that Profile's aspect ratio.