push-to-talk on gamepads (request accepted and finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyoucho

I want to request being able to map push to talk to any button on a usb gamepad.

I often map my ptt to a shoulder button when on ventrilo with people while playing games so it would be very helpful if you could map ptt to a button on the gamepad in obs as well.

I made a search for push to talk before posting but I couldn't see any posts about mapping to gamepads. I hope this would be easy to implement and I would look forward to seeing it added in the (hopefully near) future.

I also want to thank you for making such a great program!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hey there,
not sure if this really has to be implemented on a PC software. I would like to see statistics how many streamers even have a gamepad attached to their pc, and not the console they stream :)
Anyhow, check out AutoHotkey:
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/scripts/ ... kMouse.htm
This is an example how to use your Joystick as a Mouse. You should be able to set one of your Gamepad buttons to emulate pressing a keyboard button, this keyboard button bound to OBS PTT, and you are done.

saiyoucho

I'm not sure if there are any statistics available for streamers using gamepads but I've watched a lot of people streaming that use them. It also probably shouldn't be too hard to implement at least.

I've looked at the link a bit. I've never seen that program before actually. I'll try to look around it some more later. Thanks.

Disastor

Need more controllers for mapping button "push a talk"
for example:
screenshot "mumble push to talk"

Attachments

• mumb.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 661

DanielCeregatti

I use a foot pedal, which is effectively a USB joystick, as my push-to-talk in mumble, vent, and teamspeak. It would be GREAT if you could add this feature to OBS, as right now I either have my mic muted or always on while streaming, but I would much rather have it work in OBS as it does in mumble.

I'm also a programmer. I'm looking at the OBS source and researching how easy this may be to add. I hope to follow this post with some code.

And thanks for the excellent free and open source software!

DanielCeregatti

But then that keystroke is also sent to the game you're playing. I've tried this before, and it just doesn't work the same as when the application is listening for a global direct input event.

Like I said, I'm going to look into implementing this and I'll hopefully just have a patch for you.

Daniel

jeffrly

I didnt want to make a new thread so I hope that bumping this would be more appropriate.

I would really like for a PTT on my gamepad.

I already do this for mumble/ventrilo/teamspeak and it'd just be a great convenience for me (and others who've expressed interest)

Is there any word as to if this might be implemented at all?

Avaray

Registered only for this topic.

+1 for Idea.
Im always using PTT on gamepad and my friends too. Were playing Online games with Mumble.
I want to start Twitching with Mumble in background, but I cant because I wont have microphone open always.
I assure many PC players uses Gamepads for games and streaming.
Im not programmer but I think this is easy to implement.

And I think players will WONT install external software/macros for key binding/remapping.
This is bad way for good software like Open Broadcaster.

Hope You'll do something with PTT thing. I wont change software, because I like OB.
And sorry for My English.

johnhartigan

Yeah, please make an option to make any button a push-to-talk button. Buttons like left windows, sleep button and other special buttons. That would be really useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.