PTZ Optics Camera no Picture

Mark H

I have set up 3 PTZ Optics cameras over the last couple of years in local churches all without any real difficulty. However, this time when using similar settings over IP and OBS Studio I cannot get the camera to produce a picture. Using the OBS plug-in I can control Pan, Tilt and Zoom and have seen this by using an HDMI connection from the camera to a monitor. It is obviously connected to the network so how do I get a picture. I have tried two different laptops one running Windows 10 and the other Windows 11.

Lawrence_SoCal

So using NDI, right?
And I'd avoid WIn11 for the time being, unless a specific feature is required. Win11 is still only a half-baked solution like WinME, Vista, 8....

PTZ Optics has a setup and troubleshooting guide for NDI. Are you sure camera and OBS PC network settings/config are correct? no WiFi (with client isolation enabled), or VLAN/subnet mismatch

My standard recommendation - get video (and audio) feed working to PC, outside OBS first, then layer on OBS. That way you can isolate/ troubleshoot appropriately. You say "obviously connected to network." I take it you say that as OBS PTZ plugin is sending commands and camera responding, right? If yes, that makes sense. However, that is one protocol heading in one direction. Now you have to make sure a local software firewall on PC isn't blocking incoming traffic, or a network switch ACL, or similar. And then that the NDI plug-in is configured to match the camera

Mark H

Thanks for these suggestions.
Sorry should have said using SDI - PT20X-SDI-G2 and cannot get picture at all. will check firewall to make sure that is not the problem but not had this problem with any of the other cameras installed previously.

Lawrence_SoCal

NDI uses Ethernet network.
SDI uses a coax cable (not Ethernet) and would need an adapter/converter (capture device) to get video signal into PC.
If you have a SDI camera, and trying to get video over Ethernet... that is your problem. If you want to use a single Ethernet cable (for power, video, and control) for the PTZ Cameras, then you most likely need to buy an NDI upgrade for each camera (assuming they are models capable of such). Otherwise, you have Ethernet is one option for control, but video would be via HDMI or SDI or USB (usually the camera has all 3 and which you use is based on cable length). And you want to use, for video sync simplicity reasons, the same video connection technology for all cameras

Mark H

PTZ Optics supplied the answer to my problem: in the network section turn off "RTSP_Auth" and "SDK" and hit apply at the BOTTOM of the page then go to the system section and hit reboot. this should resolve the issue.
All now working. Thanks for all the suggestions