Problems with Youtube and delay in audio

konsolenritter

May be a bug in the grabbers driver or usb driver chain as well...
Can you try another capture card, possibly borrowing from another worshipper? With my Elgato HD60S+ for instance i'm in the range of 140ms, but fairly constant each runtime.

konsolenritter

What do you mean exctly with "The grabber is connected directly and audio shares a hub with the keyboard and mouse"?

An external hub?
If the grabber is connected to an port pointing to the same internal hub as the port where you connected the other stuff, the slower stuff (for instance if an USB-2-Hub may thwart the (original faster) port where the grabber lives.

Organist

I have another grabber, wich has only 120ms. I didn´t checked him, if I closed and restart OBS. I will check it in the evening.
It's funny: the driver doesn't change when I close OBS and reopen it.
I don't know exactly when I did the last OBS update, but it could have been done in mid-November. And since then the problem exists.

Organist

What do you mean exctly with "The grabber is connected directly and audio shares a hub with the keyboard and mouse"?

An external hub?
If the grabber is connected to an port pointing to the same internal hub as the port where you connected the other stuff, the slower stuff (for instance if an USB-2-Hub may thwart the (original faster) port where the grabber lives.
The grabber is directly connectet with the PC on USB3. In a different USB-Port I have an USB-HUB with keyboard, mouse an mixer.

Organist

I didn´t checked it for some ours. Maybe the computer has three USB3 ports ore two USB3 an one USB3 and one USB2.
The HUB is only for USB2 devices.

Lawrence_SoCal

Realize that immediately after starting OBS (or the PC) the computer is busy doing various background things and takes a little time to "settle down". Make sure your latency measurements are after many minutes (at least 5ish?? on app restart, 5->10 minutes for OS restart... just guessing, each person's PC is slightly different)

Audio being faster is the norm, hence OBS having built in audio latency adjustment option. Varying video latency over USB capture device.. ugh.. not my area, but also, not surprised ... as noted above, I'd certainly be looking into related driver changes (maybe an update required? or an update messed things up?)

Not all USB3 are the same, so make sure using fastest of the USB3 ports for the video capture? or maybe try the other USB3 port?
I'm just guessing, but with you mention of varying video latency, I'm inclined to suspect
- capture card driver issue
- specific sequence (and timing) of restarting laptop, OBS, and capture device leading to variability (ideally shouldn't.. but...)

Do you know Windows OS well enough to know how to restart a service/process?
I'd be inclined to test will Ending Task on USB Capture driver and restarting, or going into Services and starting/stopping [depends on whether running app, or running as a service]. And see if you can get consistent video capture latency
Have you tested seen a difference in video latency whether video feed is started before or after computer/OBS start? My inclination (which may NOT be relevant at all), would be to start PC with USB capture device NOT plugged in. After 5 minutes or so, plug in USB HDMI capture adapter. Once CPU/disk activity settles down (per Performance Monitor), then turn on OBS, again waiting for CPU/Disk activity to settle down. Only then turn on camcorder and start video feed. [this assumes that the capture card being plugged in, but not receiving anything, will show up in OBS correctly (ie enumerated/listed/device available)].

Organist

So: there are only USB 3 ports available. The change of the port does not matter for my problem. The other grabber does not have this problem.
But there are no drivers for my Mirabox capture card. It is Plug&Play.
Whether the computer is freshly started or has been running for a long time makes no difference either.

SuperWhisk

I don't know exactly when I did the last OBS update, but it could have been done in mid-November. And since then the problem exists.

You could always try uninstalling OBS and installing an older version to test if this is true. They are all archived here:

Make sure you export your profile and scene collection first, as I am not sure if the uninstaller will remove them. Better safe than sorry.

Organist

bad assumption
Plug and Play simply means Windows OS provides a driver. . NOT that there isn't a driver. And the Windows driver may not be the best one to use
It may not be the cheapest device, but in terms of drivers, there are none to download. It also says so in the manual.

Organist

You could always try uninstalling OBS and installing an older version to test if this is true. They are all archived here:

Make sure you export your profile and scene collection first, as I am not sure if the uninstaller will remove them. Better safe than sorry.
Good idea!

Organist

Hello together.
Today I have installed the version 27.1.1. This version also has the problem.
I have also tried the version 27.0.1 and here the problem no longer occurs.
So it is the program that the one grabber has every second session sometimes a high and sometimes a low latency.