Probleme with RAM usage when opening OBS

thibault2br

Hi, I have this weird problem with OBS. I got 64go of RAM in my computer.
My RAM goes way up when opening OBS, reaching 95%-100% for long minutes (maybe 5 to 10min). OBS is using every bit of RAM left (40go) for that time.
Then, it goes way down to an acceptable amount (30% with OBS using maybe 3-4Go).
I have a LOT of scenes + one with a lot of sources (.mov files for the most part). But it's annoying 'cause I have to plan my stream 30min early.
If someone knows what is going on and have a solution, I'm down ! Thank you in advance for your kind help.

My PC :
Boitier : NZXT H510 Elite
Motherboard : MSI Mpg X570 Gaming Edge WiFi
CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU : EVGA FWE GeForce RTX 3080ti
RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 64GO
Alim : be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 850W
Cooling : Kit watercooling NZXT Kraken X60 - 120 mm

PaiSand

Please restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording for more than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.

Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

thibault2br

As I'm in the process of moving out of my flat, I'll do it during next week. Thank you PaiSand. Hope we'll find out what's going on !

thibault2br

My Logs : https://obsproject.com/logs/8--6HFqdmxcWl9F5

1660752715681.png

PaiSand

Yes, it's normal you have that amount of RAM usage as you caused it with the extreme amount of videos and filters you're using.
In OBS (and everything in general) less is better. What you can do is edit the videos to be in one file and avoid the masive abuse of transparencies which overuse system resources. Same with filters, no need to use 3 or 4 times the same filter for one source.

Also, you have capture interference. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.

Keep it simple.

thibault2br

Yes, it's normal you have that amount of RAM usage as you caused it with the extreme amount of videos and filters you're using.
In OBS (and everything in general) less is better. What you can do is edit the videos to be in one file and avoid the masive abuse of transparencies which overuse system resources. Same with filters, no need to use 3 or 4 times the same filter for one source.

Also, you have capture interference. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.

Keep it simple.
Thank you so very much for your help. I'll try to sort it out and repair everything. I'll foldered what I can to reduce overuse of sources.