Question / Help Problem with Laptop Capture

Rogue Dragon

I have a laptop with a Nvidia MX250 GPU and have Windows 1909. I have already read the forum guide for changing graphic settings. It works when I set it to Power Saving and use screen capture. But when I set it to High Performance, I get black screen when I record my game. What should I do?

carlmmii

Display capture does not work in high performance mode, as that requires hooks from your integrated graphics (which OBS is now no longer running on). Use game capture instead.

FerretBomb

This is one of the many drawbacks to using a laptop for livestreaming.
Display Capture will only work on the integrated GPU.
Game and WIndow Capture will only work on the discrete GPU.
You have to choose between the two.

If you have it set to High Performance and Game Capture is not working, that may be the specific game in question. Minecraft for example was set to run on the power-saving GPU in recent updates for some reason. Destiny 2, Bungie chose NOT to allow the game capture hook to capture the process, so you have to run it Fullscreen Windowed and use a window capture instead.

Rogue Dragon

I am trying to use game capture. I have set GPU to High Performance and according to Nvidia Control both the game and OBS are using the discrete GPU. I can capture audio in game but no video.