Popped-Out Docks disappear when OBS is not in focus.

luxterful

Hi folks,
i love using docks with OBS.
I usually use them as individual ("popped-out") windows on a secondary screen.

Every time i switch to another program (e.g. Chrome) (-> OBS loses the focus) and all the docks disappear.
I have to click on OBS to give OBS the focus back and the docks will appear.

Is there a way to keep the docks visible even when OBS looses the focus?

Regards,
Lux

propz

Same problem here with Mac OS. I'd like to keep the docks always visible. Anyone news on this topic?

Hi folks,
i love using docks with OBS.
I usually use them as individual ("popped-out") windows on a secondary screen.

Every time i switch to another program (e.g. Chrome) (-> OBS loses the focus) and all the docks disappear.
I have to click on OBS to give OBS the focus back and the docks will appear.

Is there a way to keep the docks visible even when OBS looses the focus?

Regards,
Lux
Have you tried adding OBS to Focus on your Mac? I used it on mine for my Slack channel for work. I just add it to my allowed app so it's always in focus. Hope this helps.

But how do we do that?

To go system settings, select focus on the left hand pane then select add Focus on the right. The add app then select OBS.

1701473926326.png

propz

Thx for the info Babs but it's not working.
I've set focus and allowed OBS, but the app doesn't stay on focus, the docks keep disappearing when I click another app.

Any other ideas or should this be considered a bug?
Or maybe even not possible with Mac?

Something that you can try is with OBS running in focus, click on view and select always on top. That could keep the popped-out docks still open on the extended monitor.

propz

Something that you can try is with OBS running in focus, click on view and select always on top. That could keep the popped-out docks still open on the extended monitor.
Thought that'd be a good idea but no, not working, the docks still disappears.

Edit: Thanks though for giving some ideas :)

NuclearMonster

I have the same issue with my windowed docks disappearing on macos when OBS isn't the main window. (as an aside, focus modes are for getting your work done, not solving issues like this)