Question / Help Poor quality/blurry gaming recording on fast movement.

theASMRmedic

Hi, this is my first post, so apologies for my ignorance to any rules - I only had a quick read.

I have followed the advice of a fair few online guides and videos, but when I record gameplay footage, usually of Minecraft, on movement, I get an incredibly grainy and blurred quality. This isn't much of an issue when watching on the phone, but on the computer fullscreen it's pretty bad.

I have a relatively good computer, but I'll admit I am not very in the know. I've seen other people be referred to issues in their log files, so perhaps there's something in there I'm not capable of seeing myself?

When I watch the recording before uploading to YouTube, it looks a bit strange compared to normal gameplay, but there is not graininess. The local recording has flashes in the background, and the colours are very sharp. Edges are also very sharp. It's hard for me to describe the difference and obviously not possible to explain - the end result on YouTube is very blurry, though.
I assumed I was just getting heavily punished by YouTube compression, but seeing other peoples' perfect minecraft footage, also recorded on OBS, makes me think I've set something up wrong.

Below are links to two unlisted YouTube videos where I'm running around for a minute or so, which their respective log files below them.

Thanks in advance

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
17:41:31.766: YUV mode: 709/Full

Put this back to partial. Then run tools / auto configuration to optimize your recording preset (you don't want to be using CBR / VBR for recording).

theASMRmedic

17:41:31.766: YUV mode: 709/Full

Put this back to partial. Then run tools / auto configuration to optimize your recording preset (you don't want to be using CBR / VBR for recording).
Ok sure. I've done this. Thank you! Will test this out a little later.

I manually changed from Full Partial. When I run the auto-configuration wizard, it changed output mode from advanced to simple.
Settings are now:
High Quality, Medium File Size

Does that seem right?