Please help with non smooth recording

rockbottom

Log is incomplete again but looks better than the previous, no audio lag. You still need to do something with the java script/overlay error.

YouTube looks fine here on Edge & Firefox, not sure what you're seeing. How does the recording look?

rockbottom

Another thing that I've noticed running my system at high refresh rates. Having the monitor set @ 240 or 360 is great when you're actually running something that needs it. But, when watching video running at sane rates, better to dial the monitor back to 60HZ.

SasseSasQuach

Another thing that I've noticed running my system at high refresh rates. Having the monitor set @ 240 or 360 is great when you're actually running something that needs it. But, when watching video running at sane rates, better to dial the monitor back to 60HZ.
It isn’t smooth looking like the quality is great but the smoothness isn’t, it looks 20 fps, even changing to 60hz. It isn’t a “smooth” video that I normally see, could it be I’m rendering at to high bit rate? I render it at 50k bit rate and my encoding is usually at 100%. Is that the problem?

SasseSasQuach

Heres another log https://obsproject.com/logs/ZaJGeImo97lrQNpO idk why they arent complete, but im telling you my recordings look like crap compared to this video, please check this video out then mine, mine isnt smooth compared to his. Mine looks choppy, 20 fps recording lookin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3of9kjoQ8

SasseSasQuach

now look at my video again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mBWKDyVGTU&t=10715s skip to like 1 hour in somewhere, you can see like lag back, choppiness, not smooth at all, legit 30 fps looking

rockbottom

2 days later & it's still showing up in the log. No doubt contributing to that overload, just like those audio filters that are still in play...

15:39:20.280: [obs-browser: 'ChannelP'] Error: [GraphQL] One or more GraphQL errors were detected on request 01J0EPJNBZTRPMEC1YFCQM2QW9. AlertsFeatureLaunchFlags: unauthenticated, ActivityListContextV2Query: unauthenticated [object Object],[object Object] (https://assets.twitch.tv/assets/sunlight-overlay-54bf04d1b7e333e5c1ff.js:1)

SasseSasQuach

2 days later & it's still showing up in the log. No doubt contributing to that overload, just like those audio filters that are still in play...

15:39:20.280: [obs-browser: 'ChannelP'] Error: [GraphQL] One or more GraphQL errors were detected on request 01J0EPJNBZTRPMEC1YFCQM2QW9. AlertsFeatureLaunchFlags: unauthenticated, ActivityListContextV2Query: unauthenticated [object Object],[object Object] (https://assets.twitch.tv/assets/sunlight-overlay-54bf04d1b7e333e5c1ff.js:1)
I can’t remove the channelP source it has to stay, but rendering lag? What

rockbottom

I was but you're not taking the necessary steps so there's no reason for me to be here. I already told you to fix the overlay or get rid of it.

Taken from the Encoding Performance Troubleshooting page that I linked above.

1718628712397.png

SasseSasQuach

I was but you're not taking the necessary steps so there's no reason for me to be here. I already told you to fix the overlay or get rid of it.

Taken from the Encoding Performance Troubleshooting page that I linked above.

View attachment 104667
Disabling it doesn’t change the problem, I’m trying to take the necessary steps but removing it doesn’t fix it, so it must not be it. I must have a setting wrong, maybe my editing software is wrong, like my render. I use davinci resolve and have it at 40k bitrate render but I also have key frame interval set to auto cuz idk what to put it at, all I know is my obs recordings look like less fps then what it’s recorded at and removing that “channelp” doesn’t do anything, tested it and it looks the same. I must have something wrong. Would upping the CQP level to 17 help? Maybe 16 is too much. Would changing my preset to p6 instead of p5 make it smoother? My quality looks fine it’s the smoothness of the recordings. My gpu only ever hits 50% usage while recording and streaming at cqp lvl 16 preset p5, just doesn’t look smooth at all even changing to a 60hz doesn’t help. I test it side by side another persons video at 60fps and it looks smooth like 60fps should. I’m recording it wrong somehow. Would changing the settings I said help? Should I change my editing software settings?

rockbottom

If you're using the free version of Resolve, I can tell you that there is no hardware decoding. Uncheck Psycho Visual Tuning.

Check your recordings with VLC & not Resolve if it is the free version.