PipeWire Audio Capture

PipeWire Audio Capture 1.1.4

Qufy

Qufy submitted a new resource:

PipeWire Audio Capture - Experimental PipeWire output, input and application capture

Do not use this for production

Experimental PipeWire audio capturing for OBS Studio
This plugin adds 3 sources for capturing outputs, inputs and applications using PipeWire
There is no real need for this currently, pipewire-pulse works perfectly with OBS's PulseAudio implementations

You can find more info as well as building instructions on the GitHub page

Read more about this resource...

Qufy

Qufy updated PipeWire Audio Capture with a new update entry:

• Implemented reconnecting to disconnected targets (from 0.2.0)
  • Fixed a bug where different sources connected to the same target would get disconnected (from 0.2.1)
  • Fixed a bug where if the targets existed but sources were created afterwards (not for the first time, for example when opening OBS) there would be no connection
  • Fixed memory leaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

Echoa

I know you say not to use this for production but this plugin is absolutely amazing. Ive been trying to separate game audio from desktop in my recordings but for some reason if i do it with a loopback and then through obs mixer the audio cuts out and comes back every few seconds. This plugin allows me to simply record the game audio from the game itself flawlessly, and being that im using VKCapture i can avoid conflict with the pipewire window capture till that is fixed.

I genuinely appreciate you for this plugin, its solved the biggest issue ive had no luck with till now.

TheDarthTux

Just wondering if there is any documentation on how to use this plugin? I downloaded and copied the contents of the
linux-pipewire-audio-1.0.5.tar.gz from the github into the

home/username/.config/obs-studio/plugins/

folder and OBS picks up the plugin. However, it doesn't show anything in the drop down to select applications. It is the same thing with Input and Output devices not just applications.

I have even tried manually copying the

linux-pipewire-audio.so

file into

/usr/lib/obs-plugins/

Where the OS installs obs plugins by default. But no applications are picked up despite obs seeing the plugin

I am using Garuda Linux/Arch, Plasma XWayland, OBS 28.1.2.2 installed from the AURs and have WirePlumber installed.

Thanks in advinace

salt86

Just wondering if there is any documentation on how to use this plugin? I downloaded and copied the contents of the
linux-pipewire-audio-1.0.5.tar.gz from the github into the

home/username/.config/obs-studio/plugins/

folder and OBS picks up the plugin. However, it doesn't show anything in the drop down to select applications. It is the same thing with Input and Output devices not just applications.

I have even tried manually copying the

linux-pipewire-audio.so

file into

/usr/lib/obs-plugins/

Where the OS installs obs plugins by default. But no applications are picked up despite obs seeing the plugin

I am using Garuda Linux/Arch, Plasma XWayland, OBS 28.1.2.2 installed from the AURs and have WirePlumber installed.

Thanks in advinace
I'm having the same issue. How did you solve this?

Qufy

I'm running ubuntu. I managed to install pipewire and now i'm seeing the applications. So I've made it this far. Now I'm trying to figure out why i'm not getting audio coming in from any apps. I'll post if I figure anything out, but I'm kind of a novice.

Here are the instructions i used to get pipewire to run on ubuntu. https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-pipewire-on-ubuntu-linux
You need the WirePlumber session manager

AndyH

I'm using a Foresite Scarlett 18I20 audio interface. When I select the device, there is no way to select which channels I want. It would be nice is there was a dropdown list of them. Thanks, Andy

Attachments

• scarlett.png
    scarlett.png
    183 KB · Views: 37