Peripherals glitch out during streaming "HELP"

PurpleSnow

Every time I try to stream in 1080p 60fps, my computer glitches out and my Mouse and Keyboard start disconnecting and reconnecting at a constant and random rate. It's frequent enough to render the PC inoperable.

This does not occur when I stream at 720p 60fps.

My current specifications are as follows (I would like to clarify that this is a new PC):

CPU: Ryzen 5900x 12 core
MEMORY: Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600MHz CL16
VIDEO: MSI Gaming Force X Trio RTX 3080
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero

Mouse: Razer Basilisk
Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Elite
(Using Synapse)

As you can see, there should be no reason, in any which way possible, that my PC should be ripping itself a new a**hole, every time I try to stream.

This happens with any program I try to stream, in the logs I was attempting to only stream the League of Legends client, not even the game itself. This also happens with other software such as Discord streaming in 1080p. I am currently using the Streamlabs version of OBS (up to date).

My old PC had much older specifications and it had no issues with streaming in 1080p.

Can anyone please help me understand why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it? I am willing to send more information over if need be.

There's a log file for 720p and a log file for 1080p for comparison.

Attachments

• 2021-02-24 17-21-05_720p.txt
    72.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 2021-02-24 17-15-01_1080p.txt
    85.5 KB · Views: 34

fatmatrow

There is a known usb issue with 500 series motherboards, you may be experiencing that, some people fix it by changing gpu pcie speed manually to gen 3. AMD is currently working on a fix

FerretBomb

This sounds like a system issue, which is outside the scope of OBS Support.

Even if it wasn't, we do not provide ANY support for SLOBS here. You will need to contact Streamlabs for help with their derivative, hacked-up, crappier version of OBS.

PurpleSnow

This sounds like a system issue, which is outside the scope of OBS Support.

Even if it wasn't, we do not provide ANY support for SLOBS here. You will need to contact Streamlabs for help with their derivative, hacked-up, crappier version of OBS.

There are a number of forum questions asking for help with SLOBS. They don't have their own forum site and regarding the system issue - I do agree you are right, however, the included log files might be able to give a hint to someone who knows what they're reading, about the issue, as it's only apparent during streams.

PurpleSnow

are your bios and drivers (chipset included) all up to date

Yes, they are. I forgot to include this but I had a 3600xt in this PC as a stand-in while I waited for my 5900x to be shipped, and I was having the same issues, even with that cpu installed. So I concluded that it's not a CPU issue. The bios was updated to the latest version for when I installed the 5900x.

fatmatrow

Yes, they are. I forgot to include this but I had a 3600xt in this PC as a stand-in while I waited for my 5900x to be shipped, and I was having the same issues, even with that cpu installed. So I concluded that it's not a CPU issue. The bios was updated to the latest version for when I installed the 5900x.
Again, its probably related to the issue AMD is currently investigating

Just wondering, what kind of power supply are you using

PurpleSnow

I'm using an HX1000i Corsair Platinum PSU.

I just did a test and unplugged my keyboard to check and see if my mouse would still function (as neither did when they were both plugged in) and it looks like my mouse is able to work fine. I'm going to run more tests tomorrow to see if it's not a delivery issue, which won't make sense because they're all plugged directly into the motherboard.

I also did some research into the AMD issue that they're currently investigating. I'm aware that the issue existed a while back when the new line-up of Ryzen CPUs were just released, but that wouldn't explain why the problem was still present when I had the 3600xt installed. The motherboard I'm using has been out for a while as well.

fatmatrow

I'm using an HX1000i Corsair Platinum PSU.

I just did a test and unplugged my keyboard to check and see if my mouse would still function (as neither did when they were both plugged in) and it looks like my mouse is able to work fine. I'm going to run more tests tomorrow to see if it's not a delivery issue, which won't make sense because they're all plugged directly into the motherboard.

I also did some research into the AMD issue that they're currently investigating. I'm aware that the issue existed a while back when the new line-up of Ryzen CPUs were just released, but that wouldn't explain why the problem was still present when I had the 3600xt installed. The motherboard I'm using has been out for a while as well.
Its not just 4th gen processors and its across the 500 series family, not just new ones. This is a recent issue. AMD is JUST starting to investigate this, check out the AMD reddit for more info

additionally, try turning off legacy usb in bios and see if that helps

Last edited:

FerretBomb

There are a number of forum questions asking for help with SLOBS. They don't have their own forum site
That's great. Again. We do not provide support for SLOBS here. Not our circus, not our clowns.
You will have to contact Streamlabs for assistance with their derivative version. Many do come here asking, but are always pointed to SL. Maybe while you are contacting them, ask them why they don't have a forum.

PurpleSnow

Its not just 4th gen processors and its across the 500 series family, not just new ones. This is a recent issue. AMD is JUST starting to investigate this, check out the AMD reddit for more info

additionally, try turning off legacy usb in bios and see if that helps

So I looked further into this issue with gen 4, and I switched my VGA lane from Gen 4 to Gen 3, and it worked. I owe you an apology, it honestly didn't occur to me that this could be the issue. It makes no sense to me but I guess it is what it is. Thank you very much for your help, without this information I would have NEVER guessed that this was causing my USB ports to drop out.

fatmatrow

So I looked further into this issue with gen 4, and I switched my VGA lane from Gen 4 to Gen 3, and it worked. I owe you an apology, it honestly didn't occur to me that this could be the issue. It makes no sense to me but I guess it is what it is. Thank you very much for your help, without this information I would have NEVER guessed that this was causing my USB ports to drop out.
I get it, I've gotten short with people over my stutter issue that thankfully is being looked into. It gets frustrating, you spend all this money, you double check your work while building, and you start having problems doing the one thing you built it for, its enough to drive you insane. There will probably be bios and chipset driver updates in the next month or two to fix the issue and let you run gen 4 again