PED Scoreboard

PED Scoreboard 0.6.0

Tim Elliott

Tim Elliott submitted a new resource:

PED Scoreboard - Scoreboard software for OBS [Baseball, more sports coming soon]

This is Windows software that creates and maintains the small text files that OBS reads to automatically update text sources.

Baseball is first, with inning progress (TOP 1, MID 1, BOT 1, etc.), runs, balls/strikes/outs, hits, and errors. Per-inning runs are maintained, so you can show game progress when needed.

Timesavers include: After Ball 4, the Count will automatically clear after a few seconds. After Strike 3, the number of Outs automatically increases and the Count is reset. After...

Read more about this resource...

Tim Elliott

Tim Elliott updated PED Scoreboard with a new update entry:

0.2.0 Released

• reduced automation timeout from 12 seconds to 10 seconds
  • on Ball 4, Count was not resetting - fixed
  • changed default Visitor/Home names to WARRIORS/MUSTANGS
  • after Out 3, Count now resets
  • when entering MID or END of inning, baserunners automatically clear
  • added RESET COUNT button
  • removed space in 2-digit innings: TOP 10 becomes TOP10 so it fits better - not a perfect solution, as the space character was narrower than a number
  • resetting the count will now clear...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tim Elliott

In OBS, add a new Text (GDI+) source, and instead of typing in text, check Read from file. This will let you surf to the OBSFiles folder and pick the correct file.

Thank you for developing this. I will admit I am new to OBS but I am struggling to find how I can get the txt files it creates into OBS. When I chose the Text source to add it didn't find PED. How can I add it? Thanks,

thinbluebbq

In OBS, add a new Text (GDI+) source, and instead of typing in text, check Read from file. This will let you surf to the OBSFiles folder and pick the correct file.
Thank you so much. I got everything sorted. The only challenge I am having is getting the bases to light up correctly. When I add the text for those it is just a box that isn't filled and it isn't on the angle the boxes are for the bases. Am I doing something wrong on those?

Tim Elliott

Make sure the font for the base text boxes is Wingdings. Then position the text box over the "empty" base of the background-graphic. Also, I have a new version I'm working on right now that just generates the whole graphic for you, so no text boxes are necessary. Hope to have that out this week.

Thank you so much. I got everything sorted. The only challenge I am having is getting the bases to light up correctly. When I add the text for those it is just a box that isn't filled and it isn't on the angle the boxes are for the bases. Am I doing something wrong on those?

thinbluebbq

Make sure the font for the base text boxes is Wingdings. Then position the text box over the "empty" base of the background-graphic. Also, I have a new version I'm working on right now that just generates the whole graphic for you, so no text boxes are necessary. Hope to have that out this week.
Great to know and thanks for the configuration info. I am trying that now!

Tim Elliott

0.3.0 Released - New Scoreboard Window

View attachment 71542Along with generating the text files that OBS uses (and lining up the text files over a graphic), now PED Scoreboard generates a complete Scoreboard Window. This window can be inserted into OBS and will synchronize with the control window.

The goal is to cover a wide range of sports. However, Baseball is still the only full sport realistically supported right now. You can continue to use the control window to update text files...

Tim Elliott

0.4.0 Released

Keyboard shortcuts! Plus a few fixes.
  • if you clear a base, and all bases are now empty, the graphic in the Scoreboard Window now properly updates
  • base graphics are now clear inside and won't clash if you change the Stats background color
  • keyboard shortcuts: b for ball, s for strike, o for outs
  • keyboard shortcuts: 1 toggles first base, 2 toggles second base, 3 toggles third base
  • if you are in the MID or END of an inning, balls/strikes/outs are now ignored. they will...

djheathks

I have an issue with the inning number going under the TOP/MID/BOT/END and ends up on top of the outs text on v4.

Attachments

• scorebug.png
    scorebug.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 150

Tim Elliott

I'll see if I can let you adjust the font size if you pick a font other than the intended font. in the meantime, the intended font is Bebas Neue and can be found here: Bebas Neue Font | dafont.com if you use Bebas Neue the inning number shouldn't wrap.

I'm also working on allowing a range of fonts, probably from Google Fonts.

I have an issue with the inning number going under the TOP/MID/BOT/END and ends up on top of the outs text on v4.

djheathks

So where is this font supposed to go? Its not in any of the folders.

I'll see if I can let you adjust the font size if you pick a font other than the intended font. in the meantime, the intended font is Bebas Neue and can be found here: Bebas Neue Font | dafont.com if you use Bebas Neue the inning number shouldn't wrap.

I'm also working on allowing a range of fonts, probably from Google Fonts.

Tim Elliott

Good question - it doesn't get placed into any app folder - you install it as a system font. However, to simplify things, I am uploading version 0.5.0 that includes the font automatically, plus a bunch of other goodies.

So where is this font supposed to go? Its not in any of the folders.

Tim Elliott

0.5.0 Released - More keyboard shortcuts, Bebas Neue font is automatically downloaded, FINAL button

Version 0.5.0 2021/05/28
  • keyboard shortcuts are ignored when entering a team name or color
  • keyboard shortcuts are ignored if middle or end of inning
  • new keyboard shortcut: r for run (visitor if top of inning, home if bottom of inning)
  • new keyboard shortcut: h for hit (visitor if top of inning, home if bottom of inning)
  • new keyboard shortcut: e for error (home if top of inning, visitor if bottom of inning)
  • new keyboard shortcut: p for progress (moves from top to...

djheathks

I figured out the system fonts folder and v4 worked once the font was placed there. I haven't got V5 yet but will download soon. I like it.

Kyle_Gutshall

Tim,
Thanks for creating such a useful scoreboard.

I call games during the summer, and will begin using your program. I was wondering if there is a way to take the bases and count part off the scoreboard, because I have to operate the program alone, and it would take a lot to run that and the broadcast at the same time. Using just the inning and score would be most useful for me. Any options for that?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Elliott

yes, the intention is to make it much more customizable. since i don't have a lot of requests YET you'll be near the top :-)

In the meantime, I do find the keyboard shortcuts are super quick compared to grabbing the mouse and finding the correct button for every function. for me, plucking B or S or 1, 2, 3 has almost become involuntary. admittedly, i am running a camera and doing the scoreboard; i'm not announcing.

Tim,

I call games during the summer, and will begin using your program. I was wondering if there is a way to take the bases and count part off the scoreboard, because I have to operate the program alone, and it would take a lot to run that and the broadcast at the same time. Using just the inning and score would be most useful for me. Any options for that?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Elliott

Also, if you want to create your own background graphics in OBS, PED Scoreboard creates the text files that OBS reads to update information. So you could just use the team names, scores, inning, and outs, and completely ignore the count and bases. To keep it real simple, you don't even have to create fancy graphics, just use filled rectangles (OBS calls them Color Sources) and put your text on top of them. This is how the first versions of PED Scoreboard worked before I added the Scoreboard Window.

Tim,

Thanks in advance.