Resource icon

Pan Zoom Rotate 1.4

You need to put the filter-PZR.lua file in the same folder as "clock-source.lua", "countdown.lua", "instant-replay.lua", "pause-scene.lua", etc. Make sure to remove filter-PZR.lua from the script list before loading it again from this new location.
Ok. Thanks I did that and it does come up in filters, but still says "no properties available." Questions? What about the effects file in the folder. My guess is this is not installed properly. It always comes in so that you can't select it. And also when I look in script loader in Win 10, which it is working in I see OBS Python. Is this missing from the Mac? In can't seem to see it if it needs to be loaded. Thanks so much for your help.

khaver

As long as the filter-PZR.lua file is in the same folder as those other lua files you show in the screen grab, and the filter-PZR.effect file is in the subfolder shown in the screen grab, it should work. Did you remove filter-PZR.lua from the OBS scripts list before loading it again from this new location?

It could be possible the .effect file is not compatible with Mac. Post a new log to see if there is a different error message.

As long as the filter-PZR.lua file is in the same folder as those other lua files you show in the screen grab, and the filter-PZR.effect file is in the subfolder shown in the screen grab, it should work. Did you remove filter-PZR.lua from the OBS scripts list before loading it again from this new location?

It could be possible the .effect file is not compatible with Mac. Post a new log to see if there is a different error message.
I believe I did, but should try again for a fresh try. I also manually put them both in the scripts folder, but couldn't add the folder with the effects in the loader. Here is the log file :https://obsproject.com/logs/MRm6fp1kJkhbNN0Z

You need to put the filter-PZR.lua file in the same folder as "clock-source.lua", "countdown.lua", "instant-replay.lua", "pause-scene.lua", etc. Make sure to remove filter-PZR.lua from the script list before loading it again from this new location.
I think you may be correct that it is not ready for Monterey. I've tried everything. On one side it is a script so it really should work on both PC and Mac, but on the other hand their are differences between Mac and PC's. Thanks so much for your help....I did install "Axis Color Correction and it only works on some things. Unless it was only made to work on certain things? ex. I use video capture as a source. Axis color....shows up with all the parameters, but their is no picture. If I choose the clock display it works fully.

khaver

My Lua effects use pixel shaders to render the effects. That's what the filter-PZR.effect file is. The Lua script itself loads the effect file located in the subfolder. Mac must use them differently than PCs. Sorry.

My Lua effects use pixel shaders to render the effects. That's what the filter-PZR.effect file is. The Lua script itself loads the effect file located in the subfolder. Mac must use them differently than PCs. Sorry.
No worries. Thanks so much for your help though. Perhaps the stars will align someday and it will work!

khaver

That's strange that it doesn't appear in the preview, but does show in the main window. So you can make adjustments with the sliders and they update the main window image while you're moving them? Does the preview show anything or is it just blank?

That's strange that it doesn't appear in the preview, but does show in the main window. So you can make adjustments with the sliders and they update the main window image while you're moving them? Does the preview show anything or is it just blank?
Yes, black screen in the preview, but the sliders do their job in the main window..

Another thing....I am trying to uninstall it, so I can try a fresh install and I think I did with a restart of OBS but it still shows up "with properties not available." I wonder if I put it somewhere that I wasn't supposed to initially and that may be the problem. The working Pan Zoom also does not show up in scripts loader (the effect half), but is working like I mentioned. Just wanted to let you know for possible fixes and updates in the future.

Another thing....I am trying to uninstall it, so I can try a fresh install and I think I did with a restart of OBS but it still shows up "with properties not available." I wonder if I put it somewhere that I wasn't supposed to initially and that may be the problem. The working Pan Zoom also does not show up in scripts loader (the effect half), but is working like I mentioned. Just wanted to let you know for possible fixes and updates in the future.
Update: Pan Zoom is no longer an option, but is still there from the last time.

Update: Pan Zoom is no longer an option, but is still there from the last time.
I'm trying to find the 3 Axis...script and where it was installed, so I can emulate it with PZR, but can't seem to find it. It seems to be the same idea that PZR has where the effects is not clickable in the script loader, but works anyway. Do you know where it may be? I looked in the typical places, but don't see it.

Last edited:
Hi Khaver. You've been extremely helpful, but were you able to do some more on the mac side? I tried the update and was able to select in scripts to load it in, but still says, " No properties available" when trying to use it.

khaver

Sorry, nothing on the Mac side. I plead complete ignorance when it comes to Macs. I've been a PC man all my life, except at the beginning when I had a Timex Sinclair and an Atari 1200XL.

khaver

Want To Learn, I made a small change in the PZR filter code and am hoping you can try it out on your Mac to see if now works. Supposedly it should work on all platforms now.

Attachments

• filter-PZRMacTest.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 41
Want To Learn, I made a small change in the PZR filter code and am hoping you can try it out on your Mac to see if now works. Supposedly it should work on all platforms now.
Hm...doesn't allow me to select it in scripts after I put it in with all the other .lua's. By the way your other .lua's are working.

khaver

That's very strange that you can't select the file, while other .lua files are selectable. Since it has the same file extension as the other Lua filter files, the OBS scripts file loader should allow you to at least select it and try to load it. Did you remove the previous instance from the scripts list using the "-" button? Actually, you shouldn't need to do that if you overwrote the previous filter-PZR.lua file in the folder with this new version. It should recompile the new shader when OBS is opened.