I need urgent help. During December, I've noticed some lines on the monitor, a visual issue, and a month later, my father sent my PC at the assistance center in Milan to fix the problem. It was sent back at mid January, but two weeks after I got it back, the problem starts. I first noticed it on my video editor, Video Pad, when I noticed that the previews for my videoclips had become less fluid and had a worse framerate (which is I assume is because of a large progect I was working on), then the framerate started to become worse when I recorded new clips for my videos, resulting in some parts getting skipped, which never happened before. Even when the framerate is OK, there are overloads in GPU or CPUs and sometimes the recordings stop for a few moments, with the encoder always overloading. It's less than a second long, but it ruins everything even when I try to record music to use in the background for the videos. I noticed it a month ago and it's possibly even worse: when I used OBS's capture device to record with a webcam on Friday night for a video about a soccer game, it ended up freezing about 10 minutes later, and it was late into the video, so when I released it on Youtube, I had to put a disclaimer in the description to explain that the video didn't stop, since my voice was still audible, but the capture device had suddendly frozen. This never, EVER happened before! I tried following the advice of the guides, but nothing worked. It only made the framerate a bit more consistent but it never fixed the problem, not even altering the resolution, speeding up the encoding process at the cost of a bit of quality or switching to QuickSync via the advanced output options. Heck, I'm even thinking that Youtube is becoming slower for some reason, and over the course of this week, I'm constantly analyzing the logs whenever I start OBS or at times when I try recording. According to the analyzer, it may be because the hardware is not strong enough to run OBS properly during recordings and that it's running on an integrated GPU, an intel iGPU, but I've been using OBS for a year, and I never had any problems with it until February. Because of this, I had to delay one of my projects for a video by one month because recording the footage I need is becoming harder. If it's an hardware issue, how can I improve it? Why did this happen all of the sudden two weeks after the visual issue? Did the most recent update had a role in this, since I updated OBS? Please help me out fixing this thing, I tried anything, including recording somewhere else on the computer, but it did not work. I don't know if the new 29.0.2 update introduced a bug or if someone else also has been having the issues I'm having in these weeks, but this is very serious.

Last edited:

Lawrence_SoCal

first and foremost - don't ignore posting your OBS log from a Recording and/or Streaming session per pinned post in this forum (link in my .sig)

Be aware that OS changes, driver changes, etc can impact overall system performance.

Laptop or Desktop? laptops subject much more often to thermal throttling
What are you doing for real-time hardware resource monitoring (or are you 'driving' blindfolded?)
Can you Record only ok? if yes, are you using separate Encoding settings for your Stream (ie 2X encoding workload)?
Are you using Studio Mode (2X rendering workload)?

Yes, new OBS v29 has new options and settings, and that some of that, if stars align just right, could push your computer over the edge into overload. Also, some plugins are better behaved (and compatible) than others, especially with the new UI framework in OBS v28/29

rockbottom

Your going to need to shit-can Norton too. Your system is already too weak & running that crap is more than likely bringing it to it's knees.

I'm looking at your log from 2/18. Have you disabled HAGS & changed the Color Range from Full to Partial?

Your Intel iGPU driver needs to be updated too.

And how the hardware is supposed to upgrade? I don't want to make a mess, If I try to do this on my own, it would like wreck my computer.

rockbottom

Driver needs to be updated, it's from 2021. Good, keep it at Partial. Don't forget HAGS.

I use the Intel Driver Support Assistant to stay updated on most things Intel.

I dunno, don't think so, I guess I don't know it that well. Today OBS seems working alright, though I'm cautious for now, it may happen again tomorrow. Don't know why this lasted for an entire month though, even though it never happened until last month.

rockbottom

If you don't update the driver, forget about using OBS 29.0.2. Rollback to OBS 27.x.x or a version that came out about the same time as that driver.

I don't think I can return to a previous version, it only allows me to remove stuff. I'll wait for a few days to see if things change from today and if it get worse, since I don't have issues today.

rockbottom

Yep, you'll be streaming a game & that's when it will screw ya.

FWIW, the new driver is running great with my 12th gen iGPU. Streamed at least 20 hours since it's been installed.

rockbottom

Nice, I'm a late starter. The Euro's a couple of years ago sucked me in. Watched more football in the last 2 years than I did in the previous 55.

Anyway, if you start having troubles, driver update & Norton should be up on your priority list.