output (.mkv), videoclip is not complete - no problem is found at recording

JFerre

When I start recording my screen it actually records it without a single problem - no crash log is created. However, if I record a 12-minute video the output is only of the first 6 minutes.

This time it was a recording of approximately 2h and the output generated (.mkv) is only 45 minutes. The recording stops when I click on the stop recording button but the output generated is not of the whole recording.

(Log file)

This may start happening once I changed the scene that I am using to record. It is also possible that I have messed up with the configuration settings.

System info:
- Dell XPS 13
- Windows 10 64-bit
- CPU: Intel i7-1065G7
- Output resolution: 3840x2400

koala

You're severely overloading your system. You're ignoring the the corresponding OBS message the encoder is overloaded.
The Quicksync encoder doesn't seem to be powerful enough to encode 4k @60 fps. Reduce canvas+output resolution and/or fps.

JFerre

You're severely overloading your system. You're ignoring the the corresponding OBS message the encoder is overloaded.
The Quicksync encoder doesn't seem to be powerful enough to encode 4k @60 fps. Reduce canvas+output resolution and/or fps.

I did not notice of the overloading. Where can I see it?