[outdated][offline] DirectDraw (+dx8) capture support

[outdated][offline] DirectDraw (+dx8) capture support

Jagguar

"THIS PLUGIN IS NOW BUILT INTO OBS, DO NOT USE THIS ANYMORE."

Hello. Thx for your plugin. But Do I still need this plugin for recording Starcraft or not? Because when I have not plugin in folder I cant record Starcraft. Is not under "application"

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I recommend uninstalling OBS, deleting your plugins folder, and then reinstalling OBS. OBS without this plugin should still be able to capture Starcraft.

Espionage724

I've tried a few DDraw games (StarCraft, Age of Empires, Plants vs Zombies) with newer OBS, and none of them were detected by Game Capture.

Is there something special I need to do?

Bl00drav3n

Are you on Windows 8? Because DDraw Support for OBS is disabled on Win8 (crashes for some reason). If this is the case, try Monitor Capture as a backup.

Espionage724

Are you on Windows 8? Because DDraw Support for OBS is disabled on Win8 (crashes for some reason). If this is the case, try Monitor Capture as a backup.
Na, Windows 7.

If I use an older version of OBS (0.625b) + the external graphics hook plugin that supports DDraw, it seems to work fine.

Bl00drav3n

That's weird, I tried it right now and it seems to work with the latest OBS version (0.638b). Are you trying it with hotkey capture (although that shouldn't make a difference)? Maybe upload a fresh logfile and post it here.

Creonox

I've tried a few DDraw games (StarCraft, Age of Empires, Plants vs Zombies) with newer OBS, and none of them were detected by Game Capture.

Is there something special I need to do?

I have the same issue as none of the games are being listed in the Game Capture Menu.
It worked ONCE using the hotkey to set the source but since i was testing around I tried it again and since then that doesn't work either.
I'm on windows 7 64bit and using OBS 0.638b 64 bit ( I tried both the installer and the Binaries)

Also when trying to remove OBS, "GraphicsCaptureHook.dll" and "GraphicsCaptureHook64.dll" cant be deleted since they are in use by all sorts of things (including Skype and DWM (Dynamic Window Manager))

are there any dependencies for it to work?

Bl00drav3n

I have the same issue as none of the games are being listed in the Game Capture Menu.
This seems to be an issue with the GraphicsCaptureHook module. I am not sure what causes some applications to not show in the dropdown list.

Also when trying to remove OBS, "GraphicsCaptureHook.dll" and "GraphicsCaptureHook64.dll" cant be deleted since they are in use by all sorts of things (including Skype and DWM (Dynamic Window Manager))
That's just a 'flaw' in the GraphicsCaptureHook module where OBS hooks the topmost available process when by-application hooking is enabled. If the hook is not removed cleanly, the library DLLs can't be deleted because the hooked executables holds a reference still. The only thing you can do in this case is closing all applications that were affected.

If the issue really is a missing entry in the dropdown list, please file a bug report (for example post in the Bug Report forum) or come to OBS IRC and ask a dev. :)

el tiernito

I have having trouble downloading this plugin to use it for Sacrifice. The dropbox link give me a 403 error and it doesn't work. I tried deleting cookies and still didn't work. Can anybody provide an alternative link?