Optimal streaming/recording settings

Ochohco

Hi! I just upgraded from a GTX970 to a 3060 12GB and I’m trying to figure out the best settings for streaming/recording.

Currently I set my output encoder to NVENC and my recording to H264. When JUST RECORDING and playing MW2, when there’s a lot happening in the game, my webcam kinda lags. I just want to know the best settings without any lag. Even when I turn my graphics down to balanced on COD, it happens

If it’s just a matter of lowering my graphics settings to minimum, I’d appreciate a little guidance.

Please and thank y’all

CPU: 5600G
RAM: 16GB 3200 CL16
GPU: 3060 12GB
Monitors: 1440p 144hz/1080p 60hz

PaiSand

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do not change a thing. Restart OBS. Yes, do restart OBS.
Perform a test streaming or recording (the one is your main purpose) of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

Make sure your Windows is up to date as well the GPU dirver.

Ochohco

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do not change a thing. Restart OBS. Yes, do restart OBS.
Perform a test streaming or recording (the one is your main purpose) of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

Make sure your Windows is up to date as well the GPU dirver.
Thanks!