Question / Help Only fullscreen can be recorded with no lag?

ThatPretzelDuck

Right now I can record fullscreen games like Minecraft and Rocket League in 60fps with no lag whatsoever to my computer. Yet if i want to record something in windowed mode, or my display itself (monitor) it is less than 1 frame a second. Also, if i dont have a fullscreen application open while one of my fullscreen sources is checked, i still lag at less that 1 frame a second. I've been trying to find a fix but i haven't found one yet.

It would be nice if i can find some advice here.

(also it is not uploading the log file i dont think)

Attachments

• 2016-07-04 23-28-33.txt
    18.5 KB · Views: 26

ThatPretzelDuck

About the "second monitor lags in FullScreen" article, i only have 1 source on, and that's either my monitor or my game that i want to record. Even with 0 sources on it, sometimes it still lags. I turned VSYNC default to on for everything, and that doesnt change anything.

http://pastebin.com/vYE6b0v8
(log of me recording normally in rocket league)

http://pastebin.com/tcjC2hcL
(log of me recording my monitor)

With my game, I believe my percent for GPU stayed at around 1-3 percent. And during my monitor recording, it was up at 10 percent sometimes.

Suslik V

Both log says that you still capturing rocket league.
Is your first scene - 'game capture', second scene - display capture? Or you have just ONE scene?

ThatPretzelDuck

scene? or do you mean source? Whenever i try to record just rocket league, i can only have my rocket league source on. ANd if rocket league is not on but my source for it is, i get the unbelievable lag.

I don't know how scenes work and theres nothing under my scene area besides the 1 scene it says I need to have to be able to have a source.

And even if i only have my display under 1 scene, it still lags the heck out of my computer.

For a different scene, I can have capture fullscreen applications, and having it checked, my cpu is 0.8 - 1.4% and I'm not lagging.
when im recording with this scene, im not seeming to lag.

But the main problem im trying to solve is recording my display, which has still been impossible,

ThatPretzelDuck

I also tried uninstalling the program and installing it, and nothing changed. The weird part is on my dad's computer OBS recording for anything works 100% fine with no lag

ThatPretzelDuck

I asked my dad to help with this, because he was experiencing no lag. He went into advanced settings, changed renderer to OpenGL, and I am going much faster (still not 60fps fast it seems but still a bunch faster than before)

I have a GTX 670 but am planning to upgrade to a GTX 980 in the future. Does that change anything? I also use directx 12 even though my card is said to be optimized for directx11