Question / Help Second Monitor Lags while in Fullscreen

Supermario641996

So I have no idea why this happens. I don't have to be recording for this to happen. All I have to do is open OBS, open any game that does real fullscreen, second monitor lags. It'll lag even with the preview disabled. Settings not required because it has nothing to do with encoding (I've tried many settings from the lowest of quality to stuff that caused laggy recordings. I've tried different methods from default, to AMDs, to QuickSync.) Rest of OBS Studio settings are default.

This is an issue because of games that don't fully support window mode like Metro 2033/Last Light Redux.

This happens even with games as old has Halo CE.

As a note, the monitor displays at around 1FPS

PC:
i5-4690k (Latest Drivers for QuickSync)
AMD-R9 285 (Beta 15.11.1 drivers as AMD's recommendation for this card with people with the black screen issue like me, unrelated but just an excuse as to why I'm on these drivers. Still waiting on AMD to fix this issue.)
16GB-DDR3 Vengeance can't remember the frequencies, 1600MHz I think
h100i cooler
-------
If you need more info, let me know.
-------
I've tried my hardest researching for a fix but nothing related comes up.

OH and I'm on Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.318

Last edited:

Supermario641996

Both monitors are running on the same GPU, the R9 285.

I'd like to say that this didn't happen with Prince of Persia Sands of Time so I guess it's not any game but some if not most.

Last edited:

Supermario641996

Thought I'd update this. So I finally found out what was causing it. I was being silly. I have two sources set up one being my desktop (the bottom layer) and the other for full screen games (the top layer). Turns out that I need to disable the display capture to fix it.