OBSGraphicClock - Skinnable analog watch with countdown

OBSGraphicClock - Skinnable analog watch with countdown 3.6

I have just made a few little changes to get more anti-aliasing .....
I have the same anti-aliasing issue. I've been playing around with settings in Affinity Designer/Photo and Xara Designer Pro but don't seem to be able to export a non-pixilating second hand. What app are you using and with what settings?

GiacoAV

Hi @Giaco35,

thanks for the idea and your great work. I have just made a few little changes to get more anti-aliasing and gave the second hand a little circle. If you're fine with the changes I'l include this in the next release

Cheers

Falti
Looks just about perfect ! What did you do to reduce aliasing ?
My name is GiacoAV though, just that I can't change it on my settings :D

falti

Understood your name, GiacoAV ;-)

@OpenFields
I have literally been working with PaintShop Pro for 20 years. So although there are far more modern tools out there with the fanciest filters, when it comes to basic things that I want to do quickly, PSP is still my favourite. You'll find that very old version 7 as free download on the web.

So what I do here is
  1. select all but the hand
  2. then increase selection by 4 pixels
  3. then BLUR all
Result looks weird as a PNG but good in the app ;-)

https://faltinek.de/freestuff/obs/blur.mp4

Thanks for the clear directions, falti. How many pixels do you blur for the very narrow hands? This is about blurring objects in .png files, what about when you design them and they're still vectors? How and how much do you blur then?

falti

No fixed answer to that: when the hand is thinner, try playing with different values...

Vector: I did all my designs with raster, bit vecot...so I have no idea how to blur them to begin with ;-)

Thanks for the clear directions, falti. How many pixels do you blur for the very narrow hands? This is about blurring objects in .png files, what about when you design them and they're still vectors? How and how much do you blur then?

Clear and I'll try some different blur settings. It's just that the fine hands of your watches are so clear and hardly show any pixilation.....

falti

falti updated OBSGraphicClock - Skinnable analog watch with countdown with a new update entry:

Tourbillon and Balance wheel support - many options

You can now create watches with a skeletal area that shows an oscillating balance wheel and even a spinning tourbillon and one more spinning gear wheel. Elements can be sized and positioned. Foreground will remain the file WatchfaceFull.png. You can add a background as WatchfaceFullBG.png. In the 2 samples you will find 3 new files that malke this new setup: BalanceWheel.png, gearwheel.png and Tourbillon.png

(Check out this video to see it in action...

Read the rest of this update entry...

falti

falti updated OBSGraphicClock - Skinnable analog watch with countdown with a new update entry:

3.5 - Balance now part of spinning tourbillon cage - added escape wheel

I have digged a little deeper into how a tourbillon works - especially what rotates with it and figured, that the oscillating spinning wheel is part of the rotating tourbillon cage. So with 3.5 the balance wheel will not only oscillate but also rotate. Plus I have added the escape wheel that will make a click / step for every second movement of the balance wheel and then stop - like it does in real life.

View attachment 99423

falti

3.5 - Balance now part of spinning tourbillon cage - added escape wheel

I have digged a little deeper into how a tourbillon works - especially what rotates with it and figured, that the oscillating spinning wheel is part of the rotating tourbillon cage. So with 3.5 the balance wheel will not only oscillate but also rotate. Plus I have added the escape wheel that will make a click / step for every second movement of the balance wheel and then stop - like it does in real life.

View attachment 99424

dark_passagesa

Wow, nice work!
I see some great animations of clocks that are not in the package, like the multi disk one. No longer included?
Is there an option to save settings or control the app from my stream deck? (keyboard input is fine) So I can press one button, then have the software load the settings (style and countdown-time/set time) of set the app for the fixed amount of time by pressing some keys?

falti

Wow, nice work!
I see some great animations of clocks that are not in the package, like the multi disk one. No longer included?
Is there an option to save settings or control the app from my stream deck? (keyboard input is fine) So I can press one button, then have the software load the settings (style and countdown-time/set time) of set the app for the fixed amount of time by pressing some keys?
Thanks.

Great ideas, I will look into this, no promises though ;-)