Question / Help OBS/Zoom no video capture

piyushboss

OK guys, a very kind game streamer on Twitter just solved this for me. If you have the latest version of Zoom (4.6.x) then go into the Video settings, click the "Advanced" button. Then go to "Video Rendering Method" and choose anything that isn't "Auto" or "Flip".

When I did this, the Zoom meeting video showed up in my OBS stream just like it used to. Pic attached.

Zero thanks to Zoom support, who still haven't responded to any of my questions after almost three days (and I have a paid account).
View attachment 51303
Thanks man.. i was in trouble from a week with this. u made it very simple

sherif011

There is a lot of windows apps that you cannot capture the screen from in window mode like chrome browser, not just zoom

PAA-Ben

Finally solved the problem. It is a Zoom problem. I did a clean uninstall and installed an earlier version of Zoom (4.5.5) Zoom tech support can provide the clean uninstall file as well link to the earlier version.
for those of us on free accounts - can you share the links or tools? we have no support, but an air date tonite!

kimikhail

OK guys, a very kind game streamer on Twitter just solved this for me. If you have the latest version of Zoom (4.6.x) then go into the Video settings, click the "Advanced" button. Then go to "Video Rendering Method" and choose anything that isn't "Auto" or "Flip".

When I did this, the Zoom meeting video showed up in my OBS stream just like it used to. Pic attached.

Zero thanks to Zoom support, who still haven't responded to any of my questions after almost three days (and I have a paid account).
View attachment 51303
Worked perfectly after doing this. Yey! Thank you very much! :)

arunthehermit

View attachment 51303
This worked. thanks so much.

RFNGary

View attachment 51303
I tried this, it worked once, and now it doesn’t work at all. The person chatting with on zoom sees nothing but a blank screen.

annoyed that it worked once and haven’t been able to work it since.

I contacted zoom tech support, no response.
I tried the ok zoomer dll patch no luck
and I tried to download an older version of zoom and used the command prompt codes mentioned in another thread to prevent it from updating but that didn’t work either.

if Anybody can help is be grateful. All I get projected into zoom from the one virtual cam is a grey box.

pillarsoffranch

I tried this, it worked once, and now it doesn’t work at all. The person chatting with on zoom sees nothing but a blank screen.

annoyed that it worked once and haven’t been able to work it since.

I contacted zoom tech support, no response.
I tried the ok zoomer dll patch no luck
and I tried to download an older version of zoom and used the command prompt codes mentioned in another thread to prevent it from updating but that didn’t work either.

if Anybody can help is be grateful. All I get projected into zoom from the one virtual cam is a grey box.

Did you set the capture method in the OBS window capture settings? By default it sets to Auto, it need to be changed to either Windows 10 or the Windows 7 mode.

RFNGary

Did you set the capture method in the OBS window capture settings? By default it sets to Auto, it need to be changed to either Windows 10 or the Windows 7 mode.

Yes, I did. I changed it to windows 10; I actually didn't at first, and when it was set to auto, it didn't allow me to view the video from ZOOM in OBS. Now I can view the video in OBS, but the virtual cam won't broadcast what I'm seeing to the person I'm chatting with on ZOOM. It will only send them a grey box.

So it's good that I see it in OBS because I can record it, and that works fine, but the person I'm chatting with can't see themselves or me.

sverleis

View attachment 51303
Registered here just to say thanks for the fix :D

brianloijin

View attachment 51303
Thank you very much for this solution. My Zoom windows capture works now. Too bad I have to go through an agonazing 1 hour of twitching around during our virtual townhall. 100 colleagues stranded on FB Live waiting for my broadcast

obsolutely

View attachment 51303
Hello, I've just registered to say thank you for this tip AND to add some information some OBS users may find useful.
When you capture a Zoom window and make a transition from a different (non-Zoom) scene or from a scene containing a Zoom window capture source to the very same scene with Zoom, the transition may occur through a completely black screen which has a duration of about 0.5 seconds, which is dissappointing. If you have any other layers above the Zoom window capture, they will appear in the Program window instantly after you cut to this scene, while Zoom will take some milliseconds to go back from comptelely black to normal. I found that you should disable Duplicate sources to prevent this black screen phenomenon from occuring. This works on machines with both built-in GPUs (like the Intel 620) and with dedicated GPUs.

AnnihilusAlpha

Sorry, for the late reply. I faced the same issue. But instead of using windows capture (capture specific window), I used Display capture. After using this method, my problem was solved.

Joshoof13654

Hi i just found a fix. Go to your Window capture in OBS, select properties and under Capture Method, select Windows Graphics Capture

jgkiefer

I finally got this to work. I changed the Zoom video rendering method to Direct3D9. None of the others would work. Hope this helps others.

Protagon1st

View attachment 51303

PERFECT. Exactly the fix needed. Thanks a lot.

GThun

How to fix this issue.
  1. I use Obs version 27.0.1 and Zoom version 5.7.1 (543).
  2. Sources -> Window Capture -> [Zoom.exe]: Zoom meeting
  3. You will see 'Properties' on the left side on the same area then Click it.
  4. You have to select 'Capture Method' -> Windows 10 (1903 and up) then click OK button.

ccclapp

I had the same issue on a Win10 PC. I solved it by changing settings on the OBS Source (the "Window Capture" source) as follows...

-- Under "Capture Method" change from "Automatic" to "Windows 10 1903 and up"

After that , it worked fine in Zoom