OBS Would Not Stop Recording, Had to Force quit, Did I lose my Hour Long Recording for good?

zdude18

I was recording a reaction video for youtube on OBS version 28.0.3 for Windows. I think I paused the recording around the 2:20 mark because I was messing around with the video player I was using. I then proceeded to record an hour longer without trying to pause or stop recording. I noticed when I finally tried to pause it wouldn't let me. I've encountered this before but it was a shorter form video so I didn't bat an eye and just rerecorded it. But with this being an hour 12 minute long recording I just worked on, I'd like to recover it. I record to mkv to try to recorver these kinds of things. Upon quitting out of OBS and restarting I get the warning that "OBS is already running". Then I check my recording and it's still there but only the first 2 minutes 20 seconds. Is there anyway to recover the rest of the recording? Thanks.

PS: I have the recording log but it's massive

Harold

Then you had an encoder failure early in your recording, most likely caused by the pause.

Harold

No. given that the encoder crashed that early, the video never made it to your computer's storage.

zdude18

No. given that the encoder crashed that early, the video never made it to your computer's storage.
Damn that sucks. I wish OBS would alert you if this happens. Or just auto stop the recording. That would make way more sense.