OBS with Virtual Audio Cables & Zoom - Audio Loop

scott75

Hoping someone can point me to something simple I've done wrong...

My scenario is that I need to record and stream local government council meetings. Recordings are to MKV files for records retention purposes, additionally, meetings are streamed to YouTube for community members to view who may not be able to attend in person.

The facility has an existing audio system in which the mixer has a USB output connected to the computer running OBS. Additionally, video is provided using RTSP stream from a camera.

Occasionally, a council member may not be able to attend, so they'd like to allow those who can't attend to use Zoom to participate instead. We've done this on a few occasions with a laptop setup and the person uses joins a zoom, but are looking for a more complete solution.

I've completed the integration as outlined in several tutorials using the Audio Monitor filter and Virtual Audio Cable; however, audio being sent from OBS to Zoom comes back, resulting in a lot of looping / echoing.

In the scene where this is used, I have (not using global audio sources):
  • Audio input capture source for the USB mixer with a Audio Monitor filter using the CABLE Input device
  • Audio input capture source for the CABLE Output device
In Zoom, I have:
  • CABLE Output for my microphone
  • CABLE Input for my speaker
There's no monitor / speakers playing the audio, and while testing, nobody was on the Zoom besides me just to start the meeting, so there's no possibility that it's an actual audio feedback issue.

I have looked through several other threads and tried a couple things, but nothing so far has helped.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Scott