Question / Help OBS Will Not Open

Sirbrandon00

Hello, I have spent a couple days trying to work through this. I remember OBS working a long while back, but I haven't used it in well over half a year. I wanted to use it the other day and encountered this issue.

When I click onto OBS to open it, it will load for a bit as if it is trying to launch. After 8 or so seconds it goes away. I didn't realize on the first day until opening task manager that each one was running. I had about 20 obsx64s running. I ended all of the tasks and decided to run as admin just in case that would work. Sadly it did no, but the name changed to OBS Studio in the task manager. I have OBS on my tool bar and it said OBS was not open.

I decided to uninstall and reinstall. When that still didn't work I went to the forums. I found that I wasn't the first person to have this issue exactly, but when I followed the instructions some people had given, it still refused to work. I can't Run %appdata% or much of anything. I can open the file location, but, beyond that it is almost like OBS isn't downloading the right files or something.

My computer is a standard Alienware Aurora R7, but I have a RTX 2080 inside. I have windows 64 bit, and after doing all of the standard trouble shooting, nothing seems to work. Can anyone explain what is going on and how to fix it?